NGD!

MattACaster

• Members

Fernandes Dragonfly X

I wanted to grab a beater guitar for open mic night stuff since everything I have I either have a sentimental attachment too or it's just too nice to bring.

Saw MF blowing out these $300 guitars for $99 so I figured why not. I've always tried to like Fernandes guitars but could never get them setup the way I wanted too. I figured now that it's been like 8 years since I've had one I might be able to pull it off this time around. :thu:

I had an older Dragonfly X with the fotoflame and this one feels much nicer. This one is all alder (about as heavy as my 99 MIA Strat) and the satin finish isn't nearly as crappy as I was expecting. It's actually pretty cool looking. Not sure about the pickups. Might looking into some GFSs or something...

IMAG0248.jpg

IMAG0250.jpg

• Members

Noice, yeah I posted a thread the other day about the Retrorocket X going for $99

I have a pretty badass Fernandes, it would be perfect if the damn fret ends weren't so heavily beveled. 1st string likes to slip off
:(

It's a good enough guitar that I'm considering a re-fret.

I actually ordered the Retrorocket but then cancelled it when I saw the Dragonfly.

• Members

I used to have the Pro version of that with the Sustainer. Very comfortable guitar.

not helping :mad:

I wonder if GC has any in stock I can go try out first. Hmmmmmmmmmmm......

Bah!!!! :mad:

• Members

Matt: HAPPY NGD!!!! Hope it's awesome.

But...

I would never buy a Fernie that wasn't a pro or elite. The cheaper ones I've played have been REALLY bad...but my Retrorocket Elite, and Revolver Pro were pretty great.

It's funny you say that, my Monterey Pro was the worst out of all the ones I've had (Dragonfly X, Monterey Classic, Monterey Pro). Horrible fretwork and no one seemed to be able to get it setup right. :idk:

But this was like 8 years ago. Maybe things have changed. This one actually seems quite a bit more solid that any of my previous ones though. I'm going to go home and make sweet sensual setup love to it and see what happens. :love:

Archived