Who can build me a preamp?

Dave L

• Members

There's a guy in Denver, CO that may be able to do exactly what you want.

His name is Peter Fletcher-Haynes and he runs a little vacuum tube supply and amp repair business in the art district in Denver. He's very, very nice and absolutely brilliant. I'm VERY picky about who works on my amps, and I really like him so far. He's been building guitar amps and preamps and some really high end hi-fi stuff for decades, but he now has a preamp and a full amp head that he's coming out with. He doesn't sell very many because he voices each amp to the buyer's tastes (takes a lot more time that way). His preamp runs $549, and I believe that includes working with you to get the right voicing.

I don't know his email for sure, but his phone # is (303) 534-5170. Might not hurt to give him a call and see what he thinks.

Is his shop Vacuum Tube Supplies on Santa Fe Drive? I

• Members

Yup. That's him. His website is kinda sketchy because he's working on getting all the guitar stuff up online and organized and they moved into their current location somewhat recently, but he's great on the phone and in person.

He'd know me as the guy with the custom built amp he fixed last Saturday.

:D

Thanks, man. It

• Members

Zach can build one. I think he's building a 4 channel titan preamp for dimebag.

Andrew at Mako has a 4 channel preamp (which is totally sick btw)

I'd say that the mak4 doesn't have much of a wait for build time but zach can do a lot of customizations to voice it how you want it.

Peters also builds stellar preamps but I think Olaf doesn't sell his. I've asked and he said he does them for fun or maybe for local friends but not for selling to us :cry:

• Members

James Peters is a great guy to deal with and it's 100% hand-made and he will make it fit your rig and your needs. He can take one of his models that you like the voicing of and customize it if you wish. I can't promote his work enough.

I too have thought about a SE+3. There are definitely a few pre-amps I'd like to get my hands on. A Jon Schaffer Larry, especially! :love:

Archived