:mad:

yourguitarhero

• Members

I couldn't care less if you use American English or the Queen's English. Not being able to differentiate between 'there', 'they're' and 'their' is so {censored}ing lame.

Also, not being able to differentiate between 'your' and 'you're'
:facepalm:

Oh yeah, it's regardless; not irregardless.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm often irritated not only with misspellings, but improper sentence structures. Please, when attempting to convey a thought in the form of a sentence, be sure to include both a subject
(,)
and a predicate. Also, correct punctuation and spelling speak volumes to your credibility.

:lol:

• Members

I suppose that would also be correct, but the overuse of commas can lend to the perception of a sentence running on.
:cop:

Actually, you used the comma there incorrectly. Since there were only two items in your list, no comma was necessary.

BTW I am an English prof and find these threads highly amusing!

• Members

Actually, you used the comma there incorrectly. Since there were only two items in your list, no comma was necessary.

Normally, there's some backfireage...ammiright? :)

I find our language to be a beautiful, changing morphing thing....hopefully with some basic building-block rules intact. I feel as long as one can convey meaning/intent, it may not be the best place to inforce strict language requirements.

• Members

Oh {censored}ing please, you bumbling dolts can't even pronounce "aluminum" without {censored}ing it all to hell!

Aussies are even worse, although being the bastard children of a million rejects and prisoners does at least give you a slight excuse in the mental deficiency department, I suppose!
:o

Sheik, don't get mad cause i see eye to eye with you on most things but, the closer thing i have ever seen to a Nazi is a North American.

You know, that thought that : Hey i am an american, i am God.

I think the idiot from Scotland is right when it comes to the language, but who the {censored} cares what anyone writes in Guitar forum?

• Members

Sheik, don't get mad cause i see eye to eye with you on most things but, the closer thing i have ever seen to a Nazi is a North American.

You know, that thought that : Hey i am an american, i am God.

I don't know who you are, but this is one of the stupidest {censored}ing things that I have ever seen anyone say on this or any other forum.

• Members

:mad:

In turn, your post does not definitively conclude the incorrect use of a comma. Instead, it merely suggests that it's unnecessary. I can cite several instances where something is unnecessary, but not necessarily incorrect.

Perhaps I'm just exhibiting a little contrarianism here, but I contend that your post is flawed. :cop::lol:

Also:

My GF just received her Masters in Comp & Rhetoric, BTW. :thu: She teaches as well. :)

• Members

LOL I almost majored in English during college. I made straight A's all the way through grade, middle and highschool, aced the reading/comprehension section of the ACT and SAT and got my only B my very last English class my senior year in college (technical writing)

I contemplated teaching since it just came easy to me and my highly developed 3rd lexicon :o but I ultimately decided against it because it seems like 9 out of 10 students hate English class and didn't want to be running a class no one likes. :cry: ...ergo making me a teacher no one likes :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Members

LOL I almost majored in English during college. I made straight A's all the way through grade, middle and highschool, aced the reading/comprehension section of the ACT and SAT and got my only B my very last English class my senior year in college (technical writing)

I contemplated teaching since it just came easy to me and my highly developed 3rd lexicon
:o
but I ultimately decided against it because it seems like 9 out of 10 students hate English class and didn't want to be running a class no one likes.
:cry:
...ergo making me a teacher no one likes

But what about all of the money?!?! How could you turn down such a lucrative career path?!?! :lol:

• Members

everything i know about english i learned from ee cummings...

:love:

But what about James Joyce? I mean he definitely had a certain flowing style of prose that showed how the trees outside are covered with ice, and the colors contradict so well with the things the ice is encasing, like the leaves, the tree branches the leaves are attached to, the grass that the cows love to munch on out in the fields, flapping their tails hither and to...I want a steak.

• Members

The sentence in bold should have a semicolon rather than a comma.

Please PM me if you would like me to teach you how to speak and write properly.

^ That. And the second bolded statement needs a comma, however its not a very well-written thought to begin with.

Please refrain from being a pompous douche, especially when you make a post criticizing bad grammar with mistakes within it.

• Members

I have never met a human that could get all the way through a Joyce novel and say they knew what the {censored} it was about...

But what about James Joyce? I mean he definitely had a certain flowing style of prose that showed how the trees outside are covered with ice, and the colors contradict so well with the things the ice is encasing, like the leaves, the tree branches the leaves are attached to, the grass that the cows love to munch on out in the fields, flapping their tails hither and to...I want a steak.

Archived