Peters Chimera, Alesis Videotrack test clip

Crunchtime

• Members

Testing my videotrack I got for Black Friday but was not allowed to use it till now as it was my Christmas present from my wife.

Setup was a Carvin CS6 into a Peters Chimera 50 watt into a G-Flex 2x12. No pedals were used.

I think it sounds terrible. It sounded way better in the room. Maybe I need to learn how to work the videotrack settings. I just turned it on and went. Also, the playing sucks. I'm sorry for that. I'm off today and 14 beers didn't help but, that's no excuse.

I will try to figure out how to adjust the video track better if possible. Maybe I was too close to the amp. I was only like 7 feet away with the cam.

I don't know how to imbed. Making this vid is the most high tech thing I've ever done.

• Members

A peters... in pink? Where in the {censored} is that james peters... I owe him a face punchin'

Oh and good tone... them better be some v30's

Oh, thanks for the tone compliment. This amp is impossible to sound bad. I wish I could do it justice.

Also, checked your myspace and your tunes are pure brutal.

• Members

I do love KT88s for sure....

That's one of the things I love most about JP amps. You can use a number of different power tubes and easily bias yourself with the external check points. This amp is like someone built me a custom amp to my personal specs and desires.

James Peters is the man.

• Members

Btw, if anyone cares, this clip was done with EMG 81X and 85X. The first few seconds were the 85X in the neck. The rest was the 81X bridge.

I have been looking at the Alesis for doing demos, and was wondering how well it would track the low end. The mids and high end sound fantastic, maybe a different position would make the bass come through more.

• Members

I have been looking at the Alesis for doing demos, and was wondering how well it would track the low end. The mids and high end sound fantastic, maybe a different position would make the bass come through more.

At this point I honestly would not recommend it.

While I do run the highs pretty low this clip rapes my lows. Of course it was the first run with no trials but still the lows are raped. Also, it feels very cheap. I am almost afraid to press the center button very hard as it feels like the unit will crush in my hand and the SD card does not want to eject with the required push in.

Archived