Hey networking guys....

MattACaster

• Members

Trying to figure out a way to do this without buying any hardware..

Got an iSeries in here that I'd like to open up to the internet but I need it to use SSL. I'm trying not to change the configuration on the iSeries itself but maybe find some software or something I can use that I would place on a machine between the iSeries and the net that would create the SSL tunnel and act as a proxy between the client in the cloud and the iSeries.

Any ideas?

• Members

I think so. We are running some web content on it. I don't manage the iSeries so I'm trying to do with without involving the people who do.
:lol:

Got it now. Sorry that took so long.. its been a madhouse here today.

So you can do a SSL redirect which is kinda like a proxy ( as you were saying ) so it would handle the end user and then the input would then get encrypted via SSL to the iSeries. I believe this would require an SSL Certificate between the iSeries and the Webserver.

I think thats what you would want.

• Members

Got it now. Sorry that took so long.. its been a madhouse here today.

So you can do a SSL redirect which is kinda like a proxy ( as you were saying ) so it would handle the end user and then the input would then get encrypted via SSL to the iSeries. I believe this would require an SSL Certificate between the iSeries and the Webserver.

I think thats what you would want.

Interesting...

Do you know if Windows has something like this built into it or should I be looking at 3rd party?

Archived