What amp / pedals did Lenny Kravitz use on "Are You Gonna Go My Way"?

Cropduster

• Members

I read that he used the Beatles actal mixing board (he purchased it) for those early albums. Something of an audiophile.

Then thats the answer to where he probably gets the fuzz from...overdriving a channel on the board, the same way the Beatles did on "Revolution".

• Members

This should answer a bit of it:

http://www.lenny-kravitz.com/interviewguitarcenter.html

No Line 6 amp farm mentioned. I've heard he did use some Line 6 stuff live though (though that could be gossip because that would seem so atypical him being the vintage gear nut he seems to be). And it appears he did buy a beatles board, as well as API and Studer stuff.

• Members

I think this is correct, I remember being somewhat surpised by the fact that the whole album was done with amp farm modeling.
:thu:

I hope you are joking, but just for funsees:

"Are You Gonna Go My Way is the third studio album by American rock musician Lenny Kravitz, released on March 9, 1993 by Virgin Records America." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Are_You_Gonna_Go_My_Way

"Amp Farm

• Members

Are You Gonna Go My Way had the most awful tinny guitar tone I've ever heard. I wouldn't insult Line 6 by saying it was their stuff. Some of his stuff doesn't sound bad but that song and American Woman had a guitar tone that sounded like wet poo spraying through an antique metal bladed fan.

• Members

Are You Gonna Go My Way had the most awful tinny guitar tone I've ever heard. I wouldn't insult Line 6 by saying it was their stuff. Some of his stuff doesn't sound bad but that song and American Woman had a guitar tone that sounded like wet poo spraying through an antique metal bladed fan.

Just say what you feel :lol:

I like the tone myself.

• Members

obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

Archived