New AMP AND GUITAR day!!!! VHT/Schecter Content

guitarist17

• Members

you should put some EL34s in your UL and see how much like the CLX it sounds...

Got a Killer deal on the CLX head, couldnt turn it down. Plus, they are pretty rare, and will probably only appreciate in value. I just absolutely love VHT's, I wouldn't mind owning the whole line :-D

• Members

Got a Killer deal on the CLX head, couldnt turn it down. Plus, they are pretty rare, and will probably only appreciate in value. I just absolutely love VHT's, I wouldn't mind owning the whole line :-D

i understand.

i was only saying that from an academic standpoint...i'd like to know if the clx is just a UL with EL34s.

• Members

i was only saying that from an academic standpoint...i'd like to know if the clx is just a UL with EL34s.

From a purely technical standpoint, the UL has a buffer tube that comes after the PI to drive the power section and the CLX does not.

Whether it makes a difference in tone, and how great that difference is, stands to be shown.

...but I'm definitely interested in hearing it.

• Members

From a purely technical standpoint, the UL has a buffer tube that comes after the PI to drive the power section and the CLX does not.

Whether it makes a difference in tone, and how great that difference is, stands to be shown.

...but I'm definitely interested in hearing it.

i was not previously aware of said driver tube. i know what it does, i just didn't know that the UL had it and the CLX didn't.

Archived