Gary Moore RIP

v_c

• Members

Wow that sucks :cry:

I was always hoping he would come back to the USA one of these days, i never saw him live in concert, i was hoping he would come back and do a small club tour or something simular but it never materialized, wow thats very sad news at 59 years old

RIP to a legend guitar player -- BTW do we still have any other news sources? looks like the wiki statement saying hes dead is gone?

:(

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lizzy, 80s metal, his own ballsy interpretation of the blues. I equate his passing with the passing of Hendrix, only the general listening public are too dumb to know this.

Some will say that their now can be a Lizzy in Heaven, but I disagree. Hell has a better room.

• Members

gutted! this is true just found outon the irish news ,Gary Moore will always remain one of my major inspirations picking up a guitar and getting into Thinlizzy.Great blues rock guitarist and certainly one of the finest ever to come out of Northern Ireland ,will be listening to Black Rose in Tribute of Mr Moore RIP.

• Members
that's too bad. while i'm not a fan of white-guy blues, his guitar faces are hysterical.

White guy blues?

You know he played rock before he went to strictly blues? (and play them really kickass) so the guy passes away and you take time to make that comment and his about his facial expressions? really?

:facepalm:

• Members

White guy blues?

You know he played rock before he went to strictly blues? (and play them really kickass) so the guy passes away and you take time to make that comment and his about his facial expressions? really?

:facepalm:

Not to mention that Albert King and Albert Collins verified him as the genuine article.

• Members

I'd say Gary Moore was a guitar player who could nail the blues - along with a lot of other styles - he was the real deal, but the tour de force stuff like the intro to End of the world off Corridors of power - geez could he play and yes you could see it in his face.

Damn. RIP again.

Archived