Amps you did not expect to love but do?

Crunchtime

• Members

2010 reborn dual rectifier- i traded for it and i didnt expect to like it, i owned 7 or 8 rectifiers over the years and the only one i liked was the roadster but erock said it was a better amp and i decided to try it. So far i love it and ive had it for about 3 weeks and the more i play it the more i love it. I can hear a difference and to my ears it sounds better.

• Members

Mesa Rectoverb. I got it in a trade, would never have thought a Recto would be so awesome. Fantastic string to string balance and definition. Defined yet smooth. Only amp I tried that has a good clean and overdriven channel. Really good cleans. Most importantly, the feel. I love how the amp reacts to my guitar. Lots of fun.

All my other amps, including a Mojave Scorpion (best CLEAN sound ever), Dr Z Carmen Ghia and Maz 18 jr., Marshall Vintage Modern, VHT Deliverance etc etc, all left me wanting something. Not this amp.

Will keep me satisfied till I get my 65 amps Empire which should take me about ohh 5 years to save for. Might have to settle for the Bogner Panama, or whatever Namm gas comes up in the future.

• Members

I expected to like the Hydra when I first played one at Curtis's house, but I didn't expect the response I was looking for on the high end with a great, rich mid-range with ability to dial in the aggression I wanted. The cleans are amazing too and I didn't expect to be able to get so much grit and crunch out of the clean channel either.

I expected to like it, but I didn't expect it to be "it."

• Members

Framus Cobra. Got it out of a trade. I only did because I didn't like the amp I was trying to trade and was willing to give anything a go. Didn't like it at all for the first hour or so. Didn't dial in like most amps I've owned but once I figured it out. {censored} I love it.

Sweet {censored}, bro.

Archived