JVM 410 vs. JVM 210

Wizard of Ozz

• Members

OD orange on the 210 will be better than red..red isnt bad, but it just has so much {censored}ing gain! with passive pickups on my schecter i have the gain on 2.5 and its enough to play the most brutal {censored} you can think of

• Members

I use a Boss GE-7 EQ in the loop of my JVM205 and can get pretty much all the tones I need. If you can afford a 410 by all means go for it. If not and a 210 0r 205 comes around for a good price grab that one. You can't go wrong with either, these are very versatile MArshall amps, lots of useable tones in both of them.

• Members

Have they fixed the noise issue with these amps? Had the 410h when they first launched and the noise was unbearable on high gain at band volume even with an isp decimator. Sold it for that reason alone. Otherwise loved it.

ive had one since they pretty much came out too, ive never had a big issue with noise with an NS-2 hooked up. without it, YES, especially at outdoor gigging volumes, very annoying. but it is a great amp, i love it.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

curious about the differences, but mostly with regards to the clean channels/modes.

I know you can make 210H's eq the same as the 410's OD1 by changing R44 from 47k to 33k by checking out the schems. easy just put a 120k resistor in parallel, and you won't need to solder into the pcb, just solder onto the resistor's nodes so if you want to revert it saves some time.

i actually changed that same resistor in the eq network on my 6100LM(which is nearly identical to the JVM's) when i had it to 47k and i thought the eq was more useable for what i do.

if you scoop your mids its more noticeable, but if you don't you should hardly notice a difference. i feel it allows you to scoop the mids more with losing as much cut.

• Members

OD orange on the 210 will be better than red..red isnt bad, but it just has so much {censored}ing gain! with passive pickups on my schecter i have the gain on 2.5 and its enough to play the most brutal {censored} you can think of

True. JVM has insane saturation and gain if you want it.

Archived