Whatever happened to the B-52 amps?

uppercasenoises

• Members

Actually when it was working it wasnt a bad amp at all, it really wasnt

The head was 2 channels (I think the AT 100) and i remember thinking it was kinda a poor mans Mesa, but NOT a bad sounding amp at all, but i know they did have some issues as my buddy at GC told me they had a high rate of returns due to problems but when it worked it sounded pretty good 2 me

:idk:

• Members

My tech showed me while working on one of these amps awhile back that there's this design flaw where the grounds are too close to other components and they arc at high wattages.

Simple fix and re-route and they sound great. Definitely a poor man's recto amp.

• Members

The AT-100 was a pretty damn good amp, but they did have some minor issues. Calling it a poor man's Recto is totally off base, since they were definitely more Marshally than Mesa. People just made the Recto connection because of the Tri-Mode rectifier.

• Members
AT100 was made in Cali

Ummmm.....mine says "Made In China" right on the chassis. I know that it was designed by Bruce Egnator, but the construction is MIC, period.

With that being said, the build quality on them is pretty good compared to other MIC gear according to my tech.