Alternatives to the Fender Deluxe Reverb RI ???

Johansolo

• Members

apart from the Supersonic 22 are there any alternatives for "that" clean/blues sound?

the specs of the DRRI are perfect for what i want to add to the amp collection/tonal palette...

but since im spending that money (new or used) i may as well keep an open mind.

im not opposed to putting one toghether from an amp kit or clone (do ceriatone make DRs? so all suggestions are welcome.

• Members

In terms of a Fender clean in that size/price range, a DRRI is a tough act to beat. Aside from the Supersonic 22, the Bugera V22 may be worth checking out, but I've never played one. You may also want to check out a Blues Junior or a Peavey Classic 30, though the cleans on these are a little different.

I asked a similar question on here a while back, and everybody told me to just get a silverface Deluxe Reverb, for what that's worth.

• Members

apart from the Supersonic 22 are there any alternatives for "that" clean/blues sound?

IMHO no there isn't, unless we're talking about amps that cost thousands more. But I don't think there is any amp priced anywhere close to the DRRI that will beat it in its own game.

• Members

In terms of a Fender clean in that size/price range, a DRRI is a tough act to beat. Aside from the Supersonic 22, the Bugera V22 may be worth checking out, but I've never played one. You may also want to check out a Blues Junior or a Peavey Classic 30, though the cleans on these are a little different.

I asked a similar question on here a while back, and everybody told me to just get a silverface Deluxe Reverb, for what that's worth.

ive already owned a blues jr and my friend has a classic 30. both nice, but not what im going for.

but i had a feeling that the DRRI is pretty much it and just wanted some confirmation.

i would get the supersonic 22 if i didnt already have an amp that has a channel switching gain channels/fx loop.

• Members

Silverface DR > DRRI

i dont think i will be able to easily find a silverface(or black face) DR.

i want to get that special edition DRRI (the nice burgandy tolex with wheat grill + upgraded speaker) but again...where im located chances are slim

in fact...even a second DRRI hardly pops up.

new DRRI and Supersonic 22s are readily available at a local store. price is $1750AUD each thou (discounted from $2300)

Archived