Scoping: Fender style amps (clean) with more modern distortion channel? (<1000 euros)

Pott

• Members

Good suggestions... a quick round on ebay DE showed a lot of Triamp 1 but I have no cabs at home and don't intend to use anything but a combo (small appartment, no band as of now, 22W is plenty enough and it's less voluminous).

No Pro-sonics though... shame.

• Members

Hi Pott,

Do check out a used Mesa F-series. I'm personally a fan of the F-50, it will be louder than you've been looking for, but the volume can be tamed to appartment levels (I used to run mine in an appartment in Berlin). The F-30 is in the ballpark of volume you're looking at, but the voicing is a mix between American and British flavours. Check out the link in my signature to the F-series Lounge, loads of clips and info...

Big smiles,

Andy.

P.S. The Mesa Express is well worth checking out too if you get a chance. The Lonestar is lovely, but it may well bust the budget...

• Members
Hi Pott,

Do check out a used Mesa F-series. I'm personally a fan of the F-50, it will be louder than you've been looking for, but the volume can be tamed to appartment levels (I used to run mine in an appartment in Berlin). The F-30 is in the ballpark of volume you're looking at, but the voicing is a mix between American and British flavours. Check out the link in my signature to the F-series Lounge, loads of clips and info...

Big smiles,

Andy.

P.S. The Mesa Express is well worth checking out too if you get a chance. The Lonestar is lovely, but it may well bust the budget...

He has already said many times that Mesa is not available in his country...

:confused:

• Members

Mhmm well they are, but at European prices. No second hand market of ANY kind in Luxembourg however.
F50s do popup second hand at times in UK and DE but more expensive than I'd like. In Europe Mesas carry a huge premium: a Dual Rect is about 2,000 euros.

I tried the Express series. Way too expensive for how they sound I felt. I really didn't like them. I was annoyed as form and specs-wise they're pretty cool, but it all comes down to sound and feel and I liked neither.
I played one of the bigger SuperSonic once and I've been obsessed with these since... Same with the DeluxeReverb sound..! :facepalm:

• Members

Get a Rivera Clubman or something in the UK and have it shipped over.

If you can find one in the UK I'll deal with all the buying and shipping if you want.

Check out Guitar Guitar - they have a used one if I remember right. I can drive up there and buy it then ship it for you

• Members

Aye the HT20 was my second choice really... but I've been wanting a Fender clean amp for so long now :eek:

I didn't quite like the sound of those Riveras when I tried one a while back. Checking prices they're more expensive than the SuperSonic anyway... :(

The only options at this stage are Blues Junior, SuperSonic and HT20... I may try an HT20 again but I'm pretty much set on the SuperSonic now. Thanks y'all :)

• Members

No second hand market of ANY kind in Luxembourg however.

http://www.luxbazar.lu/Bonnes-Affaires/Musique-et-son.htm

You must be kiddin', man. Nice secondhand scores at very competitive prices. In the BE-NL music mag there's one Bogner and several other valuable amps. However you have to travel to collect those. Belgian eBay and NL tweedhandz (or what?) are also good starting points.

In one shop there's a Marshall TSL for a very low price too.

One guy was trying to sell a Prosonic for years, I guess he gave up, but if you really want, I could pass you the phone number, I still have it somewhere.

Concerning the bands: I've been living here for 7 years and made more gigs than the previous 6 in Hungary.

• Members

You must be kiddin', man. Nice secondhand scores at very competitive prices. In the BE-NL music mag there's one Bogner and several other valuable amps. However you have to travel to collect those. Belgian eBay and NL tweedhandz (or what?) are also good starting points.

In one shop there's a Marshall TSL for a very low price too.

One guy was trying to sell a Prosonic for years, I guess he gave up, but if you really want, I could pass you the phone number, I still have it somewhere.

Concerning the bands: I've been living here for 7 years and made more gigs than the previous 6 in Hungary.

Ah cool..! I don't mind Luxbazar but I've never found anything much worth it in a few months... eh I just saw a US Strat for 1,200 euros... :|

I don't have a car nor do I want one so I'm kind of limiting myself on traveling unfortunately.

I wouldn't mind the Prosonic guy's coordinates if he's ok with you passing it on.. Would you mind PMing me (you can't receive PMs it seems...)? Would be good to chat to another Fender fan either way!

I've only arrived last April and been taken with work a lot and unfortunately so have most of my colleagues... I have a group of friends here already but apart from that I'm finding it hard to meet people, especially like minded musicians.

Archived