Any ideas as to whats wrong with my amp?

TheMercyRule

• Members

I have a mesa tremoverb. The issue I have comes and goes.

I can be playing just fine for five minutes, then a slight pop, and I no longer have sound. If I continue to play I can hear a very low buzz when I hit the strings, but no actual notes. Other times I can play the amp for an hour without anything happening.

Ideas? Could this be tube related?:confused:

The tech I took it to claimed to have fixed it, but I took it home and the same problem was there. I thought I'd ask here before I take it in again.

• Members

I bought it used, so no idea. It couldn't hurt to put in some new ones. I'll try that out and see if the problem disappears even though the tech said my tubes were fine, but I have a feeling he either doesn't know what he's doing or he barely looked at my amp.

• Members

You took it to a tech and paid to have it fixed. It's not fixed. Take it back to the tech.

Planning on it. I've actually had to take it back once already. Was getting my effects loop fixed and after 6 weeks I FINALLY got it back and this issue was there. Either a strange coincidence or they messed something up in the process. Took it in and 2 weeks later I get it back and it's not fixed still. It's very annoying at this point.

• Members

So this problem did not exist before you took it in for the fx loop fix? If your fx loop was not done right it can totally screw with the output of you amp. Hell, just dirty fx loop jacks can do that. He screwed something up.

• Members

It wasn't happening before I got it back. Luckily they were cool about it and "fixed" it for free. I can hopefully get over there in a few days and have them take another look and maybe bump me up to top priority since this has taken so long already.

• Members

It wasn't happening before I got it back. Luckily they were cool about it and "fixed" it for free. I can hopefully get over there in a few days and have them take another look and maybe bump me up to top priority since this has taken so long already.

No "maybe" about it, you SHOULD be top priority no questions asked. And don't let them tell you otherwise.

Archived