spent the afternoon with a BUDDA SUPERDRIVE 18 combo (YOUTUBE clip)

Johansolo

• Members

pretty much brand spanking new

its the series II (not sure if this means its made by peavey?) with the budda phat custom speaker. the amp+speaker in this combo is insanely loud and i would not recommend it for purely home use.

this is a demo with the master volume set quite low and the speaker has less than 1 hour clocked on it, so theres a bit of harshness/brittleness on higher gain settings.

[video=youtube;PJmgpwfaG3Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJmgpwfaG3Y

• Members

peavey makes great,honest amps! hartley always was honest +open about his amps and philosphey bout the american dream=work hard,be honest,strive to give his customers,or people great sounding,reliable musical gear. like marshalls,peaveys been played around thee world ,dont know why people seem ashamed to murmer i have a peavey amp,guitar ,etc.... PEAVEY FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

I tried one of the heads through a marshall cab at the local g.c. and thought it sounded like the perfect blend of vox/marshall dirtwise. Had a buddy offer to sell me his 30 watt combo a month later and I bit. The 30 needed far too much volume for me to be happy. I'm sure the 18 wouldnt be much quieter, but they are slightly different sounding amps. Might be better with some greenbacks.

• Members

I think I have heard that the ones that have the little Buddha guy in a triangle are the pre-peavey ones. I have heard that there isn't any difference in the circuitry though.

For example:

BuddaSuperdrive18b.jpg

And yes, they can be extremely loud. I can see how some people can say they are a little dark sounding. I would love mine to have a presence knob. Other than that I love it. It is one of the greatest lead tones I have found.

• Members

the owner just came to pick it up...managed to squeeze one more clip out...

this is him playing on his washburn hollowbody and im the knob turning monkey. managed to show the "modern" pull setting this time...

[video=youtube;lzOVOBuwsr8]

• Members

I think I have heard that the ones that have the little Buddha guy in a triangle are the pre-peavey ones. I have heard that there isn't any difference in the circuitry though.

For example:

BuddaSuperdrive18b.jpg

And yes, they can be extremely loud. I can see how some people can say they are a little dark sounding. I would love mine to have a presence knob. Other than that I love it. It is one of the greatest lead tones I have found.

Isn't pressence circuits kind of useless when the amp is crancked anyway? That would explain why some small wattage amps don't have one. My 30 watt mesa was crancked all the time when gigging and the two channels became more similar than they were in lower volume. And an eq in the loop could do more or less the same anyway?

Archived