So... Would anyone here be down to like... produce my album... or something?

Dead Star

• Members

So, I'm finishing up some tracks that I plan to record in the near future. I'm trying to get into a studio by the end of the year, but I don't want it to sound like utter {censored}. So I come here to ask, would anyone be up to aiding me in the production of the album? It's Electronic/Metal. I don't have any examples because... well, I have not recorded anything yet.

Anyone interested?

(I'm probably going to regret this thread in a while...)

• Members
You should probably clarify on what you mean by "producing". Producers help with the arrangements of songs, so if you're actually wanting someone to mix it, you might wanna clear that up to get things rolling.
:thu:

Well, both. On the production end, I really need help getting things to sound right. I can put together a melody just fine, but I'm absolutely horrible a picking synths/drum samples.

And mixing... My god, don't let me within fifteen feet of a mixing board. I would {censored} EVERYTHING up...

• Members

DO it yourself in your home computer, you can get pretty decent recordings with different vst effects and some vst instruments.

Do it yourself. It takes some time to understand and learn how to do it, but it works. You will save a lot of money. My only recommendation is to buy Adobe Audition

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TCGBU8/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=1278548962&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000VU4BZY&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1MJ5WAT4YP9NVV7933V8

It is the best software to record and mix. Everything else you can do it with free software, just search fine, it takes time to find good software but you can find it.

Also you can buy guitar rig or Peavey revalver for the guitar amplifiers simulation and effects. They are good, but the are expensive, at least another $300. And there are free options without cost, but more hard to use because to have to make more arrangement and experiment a lot to find the sweet point. But this is not necessary if you have a nice amplifier. If you have a nice amplifier, better buy a nice microphone.

Archived