18 Rated films, then and now..

Jeff1979

• Members

I watched movies much more brutal than Aliens when I was younger than your son. I'm not talking A Siberian Film type of stuff, but crappy '80s horror movies and such. If your kid isn't like Rod or Tod from the Simpsons, he should be fine.

Same, Evil Dead, Nightmare on Elm st, Halloween, Amercian werewolf in london etc all well before i was a teen...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IMO this is entirely a call for you to make. Parents have the right to show their kids what they please, what field trips they go on, etc. If it's obvious you're kid is scared and can't handle it it's up to you to protect him and turn it off just like you'd protect him if someone threatened to harm him.

The cussing and violence is them your responsibility to control. He starts cussing and being violent you gotta take the action to stop it. Now obviously there are boundaries on what a kid should be subjected to, ie drugs alcohol. A couple of fictional movies isn't one of them IMO.

• Members

To me film ratings have changed alot in the last 10 or so years. If you notice there aren't nearly as many rated "R" films anymore. Most are "PG-13". The teeny crowd makes up a huge part of the movie going audience and they realize this. I've seen alot of "PG-13" movies in the last 10 years that are way worse than the "R" rated movies that came before the "PG-13" rated was incorporated.

Archived