Iran's clerics trying to ban dog ownership now

pezguy

• Members

their religious government is the most backwards, head-in-the-{censored}ing-sand bull{censored} i've just about ever seen. {censored} them; no, not the people who have dogs or the people who just want to get up and take care of their family, but the loony {censored}-stains that govern that damned barren, ancient sand dune. any person/people/government/etc... that dislike(s)/eat(s) dogs is on my {censored}ing blacklist. really, there aren't enough profane descriptions to adequately describe what i think of governing bodies like what they, north korea, etc... have.

i say we give the iranian government the holy war which they seek so desperately to have. let's use terminator endoskeletons who sport the latest in western culture fashion and hairstyles, armed with flaming swords, alongside similar mechanical pigs, to invade and stab to death all members of iran's derp-derp religious police, but only after my cyborgs force the religious government to watch gay cyborg sex.

• Members

You had it right up until the last sentence. 9-11 would have happened either way. It's an ideology they are fighting not our presence among them. Their ideology means west= dead. They plan, commit and execute their plans no matter our circumstance with the world. I'm speaking of terrorist orgz by the way.

Fwiw, I think we have to consider the roots & origins of those terrorist orgz, though. Nobody, individually or corporately, *starts out* on the extreme end. So there must have, at some point, been something that pushed otherwise "normal" folks in an extreme direction ... Over time, and the further out one feels "pushed," the more extreme it gets, until you end up with something like al-Qaeda. By that time, of course, it *is* all about ideology, as you say, and even if the West were to reverse completely every foreign policy strategy from the last 80 years that has fed into this global terrorism problem, al-Qaeda, et al., would not (could not) stop or change their extremist vision.

On the flip side, if we (the West) don't address the socio-economic and political factors that helped create terrorist movements, then it won't matter whether we kill every single member of al-Qaeda who currently exists ~ more will come to replace them...

We have to find ways to deal with *both* aspects of the problem, imo.

• Members

You had it right up until the last sentence. 9-11 would have happened either way. It's an ideology they are fighting not our presence among them. Their ideology means west= dead. They plan, commit and execute their plans no matter our circumstance with the world. I'm speaking of terrorist orgz by the way.

This

9-11 happened because of extremist religious ideology, not "meddling"...

• Members

We ain't gots no bidness supporting Israel either. That's the rub. "Holy wars" have been going on over there forever. We take any side, the other sides will be against us. This ain't rocket surgery. Ain't brain science either.

Yeah you are trolling

• Members

Unfortunately we can't rewrite history. The first quoted poster hit the nail on the head. If, and that's a big if, we had never meddled in the workings of all the countries in the Middle East, there's a good chance 911 would never have happened. We're hated because we sick our nose in their bidness. Kinda like when I was a kid. I had a running feud with another kid in da hood. But when another kid moved in and started picking on this other kid, I jumped in and busted the new kid's chops. Ain't nobody gonna pick on this kid but me, dammit! Not an exact comparison, but hopefully you can get my point.

BTW I'm a dog lover. Have two of my own. It would really piss me off if I saw dogs being slaughtered just for being dogs. But it isn't my place to meddle.

you're right, 65% of the civilian populace (including yourself) are sheep. the sheep don't directly attack or cause harm to anyone or anything unless it is directly provoked and even still may not attack out of fear. then, about 25% are wolves, who prey on the sheep's fears to gain power and control sheep. they don't care about the sheep, only about the control and power. then there are the last 10%. they are the sheep dogs. the sheep dogs live among the sheep protecting them from the wolves. sometimes, the sheep complain about how the sheepdog's mindset is and does not like the sheep dog living among them. but, once the wolves come and try to hurt the sheep, the first thing they do is call for the sheepdog to help them.

so, just as you are a sheep and i am a sheepdog, the sheep will never understand the mindset of the sheepdog and it's need to protect all living things. by your philosophy, we should have never gone into WWII.

• Members

by your philosophy, we should have never gone into WWII.

Ehh...there's a slight difference in scenarios here. Namely, the systematic eradication of entire races of people vs. the theoretical elimination of canine life in Iran. Surely I'm not just stating the obvious here...

• Members

So you don't think Islam was major contributing factor?

No, I don't. The religion, as anyone who has actually studied it knows, prizes peace, perhaps even moreso than does Christianity.

However, like Christianity, fundamentalist extremists with distinctly political agendas have twisted and warped the teachings of the faith in order to (mis)use the religion as a means to manipulate others into committing atrocities.

In both cases, the acts committed are completely contrary -- not to mention abhorrent -- to the actual teachings of the religion.

So no, I do not believe Islam was a factor -- at least not a causal factor -- so much as a tool that was used by those who did cause the events in question.

In other words, blaming Islam = ignoring the real causes, which are several and complex, but initially, at least, primarily economic.

• Members

Ehh...there's a
slight
difference in scenarios here. Namely, the systematic eradication of entire races of people vs. the theoretical elimination of canine life in Iran. Surely I'm not just stating the obvious here...

The other rather obvious difference is that prior to WWII, we were directly attacked by a clearly defined enemy -- Japan.

• Members

Namely, the systematic eradication of entire races of people vs. the theoretical elimination of canine life in Iran.

Yeah it's not like the Iranian clerical government keeps banging the drum about wanting to do a certain something to the Zionists or anything.

Jus' saying.

Archived