Any of you train in Krav Maga?

Shenaniganizer

• Members

There's a gym here whose owner trains BJJ and Krav Maga. I've heard he's a pretty legitimate purple belt, and that he's a good BJJ instructor, but I haven't asked around about his Krav Maga curriculum yet.

Do any of you do it? If so, how do you like it? Do you know if there are typically full-contact sessions (for those past the beginner stage, of course) in most gyms that train this?

Looks pretty cool.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's an Israeli combat system that's all focused on survival. Counter attacks and disarms seem to be some of its specialties.

It's about {censored}ing up people and incapacitating them quickly, striking to the throat and {censored}. It was created by the Masad and Israeli Defense Forces for close quarters combat with numerous armed adversaries/attackers.

• Members

It's about {censored}ing up people and incapacitating them quickly, striking to the throat and {censored}. It was created by the Masad and Israeli Defense Forces for close quarters combat with numerous armed adversaries/attackers.

Yeah, it does not {censored} around.

• Members

It definitely seems practical to train in. I live in a town with a bunch of gangbangers (most are wannabes :idk:) and I've managed to avoid a few altercations by just walking away. It isn't worth fighting one of these {censored}s, just to be jumped by ten of their friends two days later. I'm always watching for some {censored}ass to pull a knife or a gun, though. I feel that, if this guy's a good trainer and I hear enough positive feedback, I should train in this, so I'd (ideally) be able to handle a situation like that. Or at least, make a more educated attempt to. :cop:

• Members

There's a gym here whose owner trains BJJ and Krav Maga. I've heard he's a pretty legitimate purple belt, and that he's a good BJJ instructor, but I haven't asked around about his Krav Maga curriculum yet.

Do any of you do it? If so, how do you like it? Do you know if there are typically full-contact sessions (for those past the beginner stage, of course) in most gyms that train this?

Looks pretty cool.

My teenage cousins both take Krav Maga and every session they have has full contact aspects. I've taken a few different martial arts and personally I wasnt terribly impressed with what they were selling. If you want to be a badass take wing chung and BJJ or Hapkido.

• Members

My teenage cousins both take Krav Maga and every session they have has full contact aspects. I've taken a few different martial arts and personally I wasnt terribly impressed with what they were selling. If you want to be a badass take wing chung and BJJ or Hapkido.

:facepalm: I'm not trying to be the next Fedor, I'm trying to make sure I can (ideally) quickly diffuse situations involving weapons or multiple attackers.

• Members

:facepalm:
I'm not trying to be the next Fedor, I'm trying to make sure I can quickly diffuse situations involving weapons or multiple attackers.

Getting shot and lying on the ground bleeding might be considered "diffusing" it. :cop:

• Members

yeah I'm considering doing something similar myself ....since UFC has gotten popular the douchebag factor is thru the roof and its only going to get worse

Just want something practical for street situations

Good point, there.

I'm sure it'd also be handy if I ever ran into a guido.

.. though highly unlikely in NM.

Archived