LANEY VC30 VS LC50 1x12 Combo Comparision Clip (YOUTUBE)...some Soundgarden stuff

Johansolo

• Members

my friend bought over his LC50 II yesterday.

managed to make this comparison vid with my newly aquired VC30

both 1x12 combos (VC30 has JJ EL94s and Groovetube pres, LC50 has JJ EL34s and JJ Pres...both loaded with the Seventy80)

Clean Channels (no idea what my friend is playing...i shot the sherriff?)

[video=youtube;P3UciHjh5Kk]

Drive Channels (for the Soundgarden Fans)

[video=youtube;LFDzyW7G8Pk]

• Members

Well, I don't know the VC30. I never liked the smaller model, VC15 or something and I really don't like the lc50 II in person. It is not a bad amp but it is not a great one either. It is good sounding only in loud volumes and most of the times these are way above club hack volumes. Below it sounds...unsorted. The speaker (seventy/80) is not THE best speaker of all times but it matches the lc 50 II good I have to say.

• Members

That LC kicked the {censored} out of the VC in the drive demo, IMO

yup it sure did. the VC gain on full is about the LC gain on less than half.

the cleans sounded very similiar thou.LC being a bit fatter/bigger but this could be the bigger cabinet.

• Members

yup it sure did. the VC gain on full is about the LC gain on less than half.

the cleans sounded very similiar thou.LC being a bit fatter/bigger but this could be the bigger cabinet.

You and kool's comments made me wonder if I was deaf. Apparently I am.

Relistening to the clips at home and not through {censored}ty speakers attached to my monitor at work....there really isn't a contest between the two. :facepalm:

The VC sounds pretty much the same as it did to me this morning, the LC sounds way fuller and better now though. I'll take this as a learning experience to never judge anything when listening to clips through awful speakers.

• Members

^ haha no worries.

im quite pleased with the recorded sound from the room mics.

both me and my friend both agreed that we wanted to show as best of a representative as we could.

we also both agreed that the the bass knob on both amps doesnt really make much of a difference and the LC has a better/more effective cut/boost on the mids/treble settings.

Archived