Our Royal Wedding...

Jeff1979

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, we do pay UK taxes.

And Thatcher practically ruined Scotland and the North of England. It took Labout over a decade to clear at least some of the rubble she left behind. Ah well, looks like we are in for Thatcher 2 with this private school dickhead:

Er... yea... cuz Tony Blair really came up hard, didn't he! He really knows what it's like to go through the same systems as everyone else. It's funny how easy we forget the back-handed ways of the absolute idiots we just had in power!

It's ironic because the way I view it, the Tories are right now trying to clear up the absolutely terrible state that Labour left the country in.

Horses/courses.

• Members

Nope, I'm not! Like I say, I'm happy with the free day off. But similarly, I don't get why people do have a problem with it and rely on weak and confounded excuses to have a bitch about it.

I only mentioned it because you did :p

I am mixed German Irish Welsh English heritage but {censored} it, I am British.

600px-UnionJack.jpg

• Members

I love most everything about western Europe, including the English monarchy.:thu:
Europe has so much more in tradition then the USA has, not to mention the architecture, and history.

Sorry, but I find this exciting, never having had a chance to visit any place before.

I wish I could take off from work to see the entire wedding thing from beginning to end.
As you might have guessed, yes, my life is all work and really nothing but boring. If it weren't for my band and playing out 2-4 times per week, I would have no social life.

I also enjoy watching Le Tour De France as the scenery is terrific.

While this type of thing does tie up London and the surrounding area for quite some time, it only happens once about every 30 years. I would accdept it willingly as it is such a rare and special occassion for all of Great Britain.

• Members

Hey I'm all for it! I guess, if I had an American upbringing I'd probably be more interested. However in 20 years when someone asks me where I was when the royal wedding happened, my answer will be "I hit the gym in the morning, played some guitar and did some coursework in the afternoon and nailed the missus in the evening!"

• Members

I remember being young and seeing how happy everyone was in the street when Lady Di and Chuck got hitched. The streets were full of old ladies setting up tables in the road, lots of cheer/drinking/buffets etc etc.

It really does make people happy. So I don't begrudge peeps who go ape{censored} over it.

• Members

I remember being young and seeing how happy everyone was in the street when Lady Di and Chuck got hitched. The streets were full of old ladies setting up tables in the road, lots of cheer/drinking/buffets etc etc.

It really does make people happy. So I don't begrudge peeps who go ape{censored} over it.

There's a street party down my road tomorrow, dont fancy it much as ive got stuff going on, but fair play to them. Union Jacks flying all over the place, the enitre country seem's happy at the moment...

• Members

The instrument has not been invented which can measure my total indifference to this useless, overblown, reality-show bull{censored}...

Royalty = fail

Why not be proud of our history, its nice to have it. Just because you don't get it, does not mean fail.

If your not interested that's cool, I am more interested because I am not there, people are happy and there is a great history behind it.

Isn't it nice to hear some positive news for a change :)

• Members

Why not be proud of our history, its nice to have it. Just because you don't get it, does not mean fail.

If your not interested that's cool, I am more interested because I am not there, people are happy and there is a great history behind it.

Isn't it nice to hear some positive news for a change
:)

I thought you are all gungh ho on Japan, why the sudden shift of pride to England? :idk:

• Members

Isn't it nice to hear some positive news for a change
:)

I understand having pride in your national history; wasn't knocking that at all...

In the US, we're hard-wired against royalty, and what it represents; it's not a case of "not getting it", it's a natural outgrowth of our birth as a nation. Royalty, especially here, represents elitism, snobbery, rich vs poor, etc.

Having said that, there's a good case to be made that the Kennedys are American "royalty"...

• Members

I suggested to my girlfriend to go out for a walk and some relaxation in the park, since the weather has been beautiful here for the past few days. She said she was going to watch the wedding :facepalm:

Archived