NAD for me! Mark IVa

greatmutah

• Members

Snagged a Rackmount Mark IV a off of craigslist today for $975. After a quick tube swap, this thing sounded AMAZING. Seriously the compliment I've been looking for to my Recto sound. Cleans are beautiful, R2 sounds excellent and the Lead channel sustains for days. And I've only begun to tweak. With all the options available on it, I'm gonna be having a blast chasing tones for a while.

• Members

Over 400. Now that I have a vehicle with some form of MP3 support, I've been loading all of that onto my zune little by little.

Holy {censored} I'm not the only person with a Zune?!?!?

• Members

Congrats. I've owned three Mark IVs and I learned something new every time I've owned one. It's one of the most cabinet sensitive amps I've owned. I'm sure I'll own another one some day.

It is. It's reacted very differently to both my 4x12 and 2x12 and both in good ways. I think it likes my 2x12 more though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Found the headshell on Ebay for $250. Figured I'd jump on the Buy It Now price. It's from a 1996 Mark IV I guess. It's black taurus instead of Croco, which is what I prefer. It matches all my other Mesa heads and cabs in the tolex department. I'm very, very pleased.

Archived