Blackstar amps...Holy S**t!

thesinner66

• Members

I popped into a local shop yesterday and got a chance to play one of the Blackstar HT-1 amps (little 1 watt combo.) all I can say is...Wow!

I played it w/ a Dillion Les Paul Goldtop w/ P-90's and it was freaking awesome. It's kind of sad that guys who used to work for Marshall left Marshall in order to make amps that sound...more like a Marshall.

The store only had one of those 1 watt dealios in stock since they've only just recently became a dealer but I was curious as to what everyone else had to say about any of their other amps. I's be gassin!

• Members

I popped into a local shop yesterday and got a chance to play one of the Blackstar HT-1 amps (little 1 watt combo.) all I can say is...Wow!

I played it w/ a Dillion Les Paul Goldtop w/ P-90's and it was freaking awesome.
It's kind of sad that guys who used to work for Marshall left Marshall in order to make amps that sound...more like a Marshall.

The store only had one of those 1 watt dealios in stock since they've only just recently became a dealer but I was curious as to what everyone else had to say about any of their other amps. I's be gassin!

I have hated every Marshall I have ever played... EVER. But I love my HT-5. So, I disagree with them sounding more like Marshall.

That being said, I love the HT-5, but its cleans are not that great, but for what I do, that's not normally a big deal.

Archived