would you do this trade...?

MichaelYoung

• Members

Take the EVH!!! I'm a rack nerd and i'd definitely take the EVH over the rack gear you got offered.

Also this.

Didn't see that part.

If you LIKE the mesa preamp, then the first deal is monetarily better though.

• Members

does anyone else have any experience with the marshall 9005 power amp. I heard some pretty good demos on you tube using them.... im impressed!!!

It's the best power amp Marshall has ever made and possibly one of the best power amps ever for a Marshall crunch. I like the VHT and Mesa power amps too but they don't sound like a Marshall. The 9005 does. The build quality is also excellent and it comes with drake transformers.

I'd do the trade. The Studio pre/9005 will sound killer and the V is a great deal also, even if it's the faded model, which I think it is by the description (no OHC etc..).

• Members

does anyone else have any experience with the marshall 9005 power amp. I heard some pretty good demos on you tube using them.... im impressed!!!

It kicks all sorts of ass. I had one, ended up giving it to my brother as a gift, kicked myself afterwards. Eventually picked up its successor, the 9100, but the 9005 is still one of the best power amps I've come across.

When I first got my 9005, I had my tech take a look at it since it had been sitting in a GC for ages. He was very impressed with the build quality.

• Members

.....still debating

If you are still debating, don't go through with it. It obviously isn't good enough for you to jump on it, or at least think that it is a good enough value to move quickly. I'd say hold out until you can get what you want.

Archived