So I got handed a small court claim a half hour ago....

the_gunslinger

• Members

Lol, can't believe I'm asking HCAF for a bit of legal advice, potential facepalm waiting to happen.

Ya, so I just got served a notice from a collector a little while ago and read it over, I fully agree to pay the amount due, however I have 14 day's to do so. I cannot pay by then, I still have rent to pay and utilities, I won't be able to cover it until next payday. What pisses me off is they waited until night when I can't contact them to try to settle this, thus I'll attempt calling tommorrow. The last thing I need right now is a judgement for garnishment.

So basically what I'm asking is if I try to settle with them, do I still have 14 day's to pay required by the notice, or can I extend it out a couple day's until I get paid again if we agree?

Wat do HCAF?

• Members

Pawn shop or cash advance. Sucks ass big time but beats the {censored} out of legal nonsense.

I could do this, but I sucked in the pawn shop cycle before and part of that is why I never have any money when I need it. Cash advance places are worse, I'm never doing that again.

Maybe I could sell a couple things though well see, I hope it doesn't have to come to that.

• Members

It's not worth going to court over. Also there's no way I could win, plus it would end up costing me more.

The first thing you are going to do in court is to have a chance of settling it even before the hearing. At lease that is what happened in my case (I did not settle but won :-)

Archived