New demo - SG -> DSL100

Say Ocean

• Members

edit: updated it with some bass

Little demo I just threw down. After I iron some of the parts out a little better, I'll be recording a version with bass, real drums, and vocals.

SG Standard into a DSL100 at 9 oclock on the volume (:cry:), green crunch with an ocd boost out front. I don't have my mic stands around, so the mics were a sennheiser condenser taped to a broken stand a few feet back, and a sennheiser e906 dangling in front of the cab off the head :lol: I think it turned out decently :idk:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=743493&songID=10744788

• Members

Having owned the DSL I never thought the green channel was ever all that, people sound great through it though, you included. My whole DSL experience was just meh...great amp, but not for me.

That is an awesome riff, very creative.

• Members

Sounds awesome! I love that tone.

That's so funny...... I was just jamming through my DSL 100 and Fulltone OCD with my Gibson SG Standard yesterday.

BTW....... what cabinet were you using? I'm guessing it was the Avatar with V30s. It sounded very V30-ish to me.

• Members

It was with the PV cab with Green Berets. The V30 sound was probably from the e914

I think what that tone came from was the condenser mic picking up the brightness of the sound slapping off drywall, because the tone from that mic was BRIGHT and the e906 was pretty balanced.

• Members

Yeah the tone isn't exactly my favorite, but I'm interested to see how it ends up fitting with bass later

i'm seriously kidding-- reminds me of some of the gnasties of a hella record or even of bob moulds zen arcade sorta honk. regardless-- it'l probably set nice in a mix with the bass, and it's pretty damn unique. really do like the riffage though-- very cool.

• Members

That sounds raw and nasty (in a good way). There's still a little bit of a hollow honk at the end of that main riff that kind of bugs me though.

Yeah I know what you mean, I think it might be a bit of a phasing issue I need to fix

Archived