Saw the Senna movie yesterday!

satannica

• Members

+1

Although watching Vettel {censored} all over everyone in nearly every quali and race is starting to get slightly tedious.

FIA realizes that already, and they don't want him to be the next Schumi and dominate for the better part of a decade and have fans bail, especially with the new US track opening next year. That's why per week they try and do something that will make the Red Bull cars more "even". :lol:

• Members

FIA realizes that already, and they don't want him to be the next Schumi and dominate for the better part of a decade and have fans bail, especially with the new US track opening next year. That's why per
week
they try and do something that will make the Red Bull cars more "even".
:lol:

Yep. Next up is no blown diffusers at Silverstone... I'm guessing Vettel will still {censored} all over everyone.

And Mark Webber will qualify in 2nd or 3rd, and then inexplicably finish the race somewhere closer to 12th, while at same time setting some of the fastest lap times in the race. :facepalm:

• Members

Yep. Next up is no blown diffusers at Silverstone... I'm guessing Vettel will still {censored} all over everyone.

And Mark Webber will qualify in 2nd or 3rd, and then inexplicably finish the race somewhere closer to 12th, while at same time setting some of the fastest lap times in the race.
:facepalm:

Lol I like Mark, which is why I wish he would switch teams. :cry: I dunno how in the hell he manages to finish out of the points so often. Or at least very close to the bottom. Crazy.

• Members

I can see that F1 is still predictable. I watched the Valencia race; the first race I've watched in about 3 years. I got turned off by week after week of watching the pole winner win the race and almost no overtaking. While it seems there was more overtaking due to the DRS (or whatever it's called) the race was still super boring. And hearing about how this Vettel guy just gets the win and the pole every week doesn't make me excited to watch any further races. There is a reason why some prefer Nascar (polesitter doesn't automatically win, way more overtaking, pit strategies even more of a factor, side by side racing).

• Members

And Mark Webber will qualify in 2nd or 3rd, and then inexplicably finish the race somewhere closer to 12th, while at same time setting some of the fastest lap times in the race.
:facepalm:

I hope not, I'm sick of it being the Vettel show every week. Monaco and the Chinese GP have been the only races I've watched entirely and I dvr every race. Also the Senna movie is fantastic, I watched it several months ago and I think it's supposed to be coming to blu-ray in the U.S. this fall.

• Members

I can see that F1 is still predictable. I watched the Valencia race; the first race I've watched in about 3 years. I got turned off by week after week of watching the pole winner win the race and almost no overtaking. While it seems there was more overtaking due to the DRS (or whatever it's called) the race was still super boring. And hearing about how this Vettel guy just gets the win and the pole every week doesn't make me excited to watch any further races. There is a reason why some prefer Nascar (polesitter doesn't automatically win, way more overtaking, pit strategies even more of a factor, side by side racing).

Even tho Vettel has been winning, honestly Valencia was the only race this season I've FFW'd through. The actual racing, even though it hasn't been for the #1 spot (aside from Canada) has still been really good in the field, IMO. :idk: :idk:

DRS has really helped overtaking. Valencia is again just a {censored}e track and no excitement anywhere as-is.

• Members

Vettel is not a good driver. I think what you're seeing is more a result of how good the RedBull teams are. I wouldn't have put him or Webber above Button, Hamilton and certainly not Alonso despite my disdain for the man.

Prime example weekend before last; Button just came up to Vettel, told him his hair looked stupid and he bottled it letting Button win the race!

I'm still a Button fan. I'd say put in a competitive car, he'd wipe the floor with most of the field.

To a point, I reckon the next driver to really watch is Kobayashi. I would say by next season, given a good car, he'll have the wits sharpened up and will be a real contender.

• Members

Vettel is not a good driver. I think what you're seeing is more a result of how good the RedBull teams are. I wouldn't have put him or Webber above Button, Hamilton and certainly not Alonso despite my disdain for the man.

Prime example weekend before last; Button just came up to Vettel, told him his hair looked stupid and he bottled it letting Button win the race!

I'm still a Button fan. I'd say put in a competitive car, he'd wipe the floor with most of the field.

To a point, I reckon the next driver to really watch is Kobayashi. I would say by next season, given a good car, he'll have the wits sharpened up and will be a real contender.

I dunno, I think Vettel is definitely "good". However, has he been challenged yet b/c of how simply dominating the RBR cars are? Nope. Like I said, I think next year and with the for-sure coming "changes" to make RBR more competitive to Ferrari and McLaren and Renault, and their advances to catch up, we'll see just how "good" he is. But again Webber has the same kit and look at how he performs from the front. Not nearly as good. He still has a long ways to go to yes even be in the same sentence as Alonso, however.

• Members

Hmmmm... well saying Vettel is outright crap is a little inaccurate, but I don't see the same qualities that have been in the previous multiple-world champion racers. Who knows, he may surprise us all yet! Too early to say. But I just worry he buckles too easily with any pressure.

• Members

Well...it's not like the ending was a surprise! I still thought it was well worth seeing by one and all. It's a great, if tragic story.

Weirdly, I remember seeing the Barrichello crash and everyone being worried about him. I really didn't remember the Ratzenberg crash at all.

Ah well. Silverstone coming up! Let's hope that Button will get out there and tell everyone that despite his questionable haircut and wonky nose that he's here to kick arse and chew bubblegum.... and the FIA has banned all bubble gum!

• Members
Hmmmm... well saying Vettel is outright crap is a little inaccurate, but I don't see the same qualities that have been in the previous multiple-world champion racers. Who knows, he may surprise us all yet! Too early to say. But I just worry he buckles too easily with any pressure.

Ok, he may have {censored}ed it a bit in Montreal, but it wasn't exactly ideal conditions either. He came off the dry line for a moment, and it just happened to be on the last lap. But on the other hand, wasn't Hamilton up his arse for quite a few laps at Catalunya? Every lap, Hamilton coming right up on him on the straight, but Vettel still held him off. I'd agree that he isn't tested enough by the other guys to really say one way or the other though. But it's not like RBR just picked some random guy with no racing experience at all. They've obviously got him there for a reason. :idk:

That said, whether Vettel "cracked" under pressure at Montreal or just happened to make a mistake... Jenson Button, WTF?! :freak: Talk about {censored}in' sticking to your guns 'til the end. :thu:

And {censored}ing Monaco. Talk about a potentially great ending to a race absolutely {censored}ing ruined. You wanna change some {censored}ing rules, change that {censored}ing one! Cars on the grid under a red flag? Leave 'em the {censored} alone unless the weather has suddenly gone {censored}ing ape and everyone needs to put on wets or something. :mad: And no Vettel, you still haven't won at Monaco. That one doesn't count and you {censored}ing know it! :mad:

• Members

F1... Lol

F1 hasn't been that great for years :cop: MotoGP and World Superbike are where it's at for racing IMO. Bikes seperate the best riders from the worst, not the best cars from the worst.

• Members

Ok, he may have {censored}ed it a bit in Montreal, but it wasn't exactly ideal conditions either. He came off the dry line for a moment, and it just happened to be on the last lap. But on the other hand, wasn't Hamilton up his arse for quite a few laps at Catalunya? Every lap, Hamilton coming right up on him on the straight, but Vettel still held him off. I'd agree that he isn't tested enough by the other guys to really say one way or the other though. But it's not like RBR just picked some random guy with no racing experience at all. They've obviously got him there for a reason.
:idk:

That said, whether Vettel "cracked" under pressure at Montreal or just happened to make a mistake... Jenson Button, WTF?!
:freak:
Talk about {censored}in' sticking to your guns 'til the end.
:thu:

And {censored}ing Monaco. Talk about a potentially great ending to a race absolutely {censored}ing ruined. You wanna change some {censored}ing rules, change that {censored}ing one! Cars on the grid under a red flag? Leave 'em the {censored} alone unless the weather has suddenly gone {censored}ing ape and everyone needs to put on wets or something.
:mad:
And no Vettel, you still haven't won at Monaco. That one doesn't count and you {censored}ing know it!
:mad:

Hamilton!?!? LOL!!! I've met frozen pizzas who are more intimidating than Lewis Hamilton! In fact, driver's feared the words "Let's see what Lewis' Dad thinks" more than Hamilton's driving...

Hamilton: "Yes, Vettel, you have very silly hair.. .grrrrrrrr"

Vettel: "You're kidding, right? LMAO!!!"

Rest of world: LOLLERCAUST!

• Members

Hamilton!?!? LOL!!! I've met frozen pizzas who are more intimidating than Lewis Hamilton! In fact, driver's feared the words "Let's see what Lewis' Dad thinks" more than Hamilton's driving...

Hamilton: "Yes, Vettel, you have very silly hair.. .grrrrrrrr"

Vettel: "You're kidding, right? LMAO!!!"

Rest of world: LOLLERCAUST!

With some of his more recent efforts, if Hamilton was behind me you'd better believe I'd be trying to get the {censored} away from him. Lewis "He turned into me!" Hamilton. :o

Archived