NAD - Blackstar HT-40

Shalafi

• Members

_MG_6079.jpg

This thing is sexy! sounds amazing, fell in love with it at MAE a couple of weeks ago and had to buy myself one of these bad boys! Just got it today and im getting some really nice tones out of it. Nice cleans, a tight crunch and some really bad ass distortion tones. Best $700 i've spent in a long time. :thu:

• Members

way too busy rehashing the 90s today to talk about maps

but seriously, HNAD!!! people keep raving about that amp, probably a bad idea for me to go play one seeing as i am broke as {censored} right now but i am glad to hear you like. have fun!!

• Members

I played a Blackstar HT 40 combo not 2 long ago at Sam Ash and it surprised the hell out of me, it was all kinds of kickass - 2 channels, really nice OD (at times it was a bit compressed but i didnt get time to EQ/turn knobs) and a nice clean channel, even the reverb was good on the amp!

I wish i spent a few more minutes tweaking it but first impression was a helluva nice deal for the $$$ and Ooo 1 last thing, the master volume works really well on the amp, you can play at lower volumes and get a nice tube tone, a really good amp for the $$ - HNAD brother! :thu:

... and i really like this demo i just found

[video=youtube;RrDlRmuPdx0]

:rawk:

• Members

:rawk:

Yup, its a kick ass amp indeed. It does have a natural compression feel to it but the ISF knob helps to make the amp feel a bit more open and woody on the "UK" side. I was able to get some nice Gaslight Anthem kind of tone with that setting and on the "American" side some tight chunky br00tz rhythm going.

The cleans are surprisingly nice, the "Boutique" setting is nice and sparkly, reverb is pretty damn good as well. I know its too early yet but I'm seriously enjoying it this lil' Blackstar. Bedroom level playing is top notch for a tube amp. :thu:

• Members

absolutely killer amps for sure! My Ht-100 is my favorite amp I have ever had. There is a guy on the Birds and Moons (PRS forum) that I frequent that has the 20, 40 and 100 and said the HT 40 has replaced his Bogner Shiva as his main gigging amp. Congrats I hope you dig yours as much as I do!

• Members

I have the 20 and the 60 and my band mate has the 40. I was playing his new Tele through the 40 the other night and it sounded incredible! ITs hard to believe these amps are so good for the price. I am anxious to see what BS comes out with next ;)

• Members

There was a thread the other day asking about VH tones from these amps. I think that vid answers the question.

It can get those tone EASY with the right pickups. I was nailing that tone with the HT-40 with the ISF at 1 o clock and a Tele with an over wound single coil in the bridge. It sounded sick!

Archived