BLACKSTAR HT20 VS DIST-X Pedal (Blackstar vs blackstar + emulated out vs recording_

Johansolo

• Members

I can honestly say that I liked the miced cab the least!!! But the mixed track was splendid. The blackstars on their own were almost the same, nothing that would floor me but I think more than usuable and with enough mids for live context.

• Members

I can honestly say that I liked the miced cab the least!!! But the mixed track was splendid. The blackstars on their own were almost the same, nothing that would floor me but I think more than usuable and with enough mids for live context.

yeah, i agree, but keep in mind that it the mic'd recording was using the exact same settings as teh emulated out...so the greenbacks/mics/onyx pre all added their own "colour". we debated whether to change the settings, but for this purpose we decided to leave it the same.

the HT-DISTX and HT20 were dialed i pretty similiar werent they (i have to listen with earphones to really tell) but the settings are quite diffrent...the HT-DISTX just has a stupid amount of gain...something you would expect from its "pure valve filth" moniker.

• Members

sounds good like I expected, the mic'ed speaker sounded clearer for lead work though.

I just got the power supply for my HT-dual and it sounds great in front of my JCA20, really oh wow that is good sounding it's a really good match, I will do some clips tomorrow depending in the typhoon that is on its way now.

• Members

Whatever DI'ing does (hard to put it into words), I don't like it.. you know it when you hear it, but it still sounds quite good in the right hands, like here. It just has a certain quality to it.

The mix of both sounded great.

• Members

Whatever DI'ing does (hard to put it into words), I don't like it.. you know it when you hear it, but it still sounds quite good in the right hands, like here. It just has a certain quality to it.

The mix of both sounded great.

There Are many ways to do it, in this case blackstar ht amps and some pedals have an emulated out which IMO can sound great I was messig around earlier and got some great results (I will do some clips tomorrow I hope).

• Members

Also, if your friend is in that Chaos Divine band, you should promote it more on here, it is REALLY {censored}ing good, I want to buy this cd asap.

i have, but the last thread quickly turned into a whats prog and whats not thread... but yeah theyre one of the better/promising bands from my side of the world (the only band you guys may know from here is KARNIVOOL ???)Perth, Western Australia.

anwyas that vid is a subtle form of band spam isnt it?

heres their soundcloud if anyones interested in hearing more of their stuff...

http://soundcloud.com/chaosdivine

• Members

i have, but the last thread quickly turned into a whats prog and whats not thread... but yeah theyre one of the better/promising bands from my side of the world (the only band you guys may know from here is KARNIVOOL ???)Perth, Western Australia.

anwyas that vid is a subtle form of band spam isnt it?

heres their soundcloud if anyones interested in hearing more of their stuff...

{censored} that, they are incredible. Beautiful Abyss is my favorite so far. It is a lot like Karnivool but with heavier spurts and a bit of tasteful screams. Slightly more technical guitars as well. Definitely A+. If I ever make it to Aussie I hope I can see/meet them

Archived