JCA EQ question

bengerm77

• Members

So I was recording a bunch of songs with my band, we were finding guitar tones and my JCA didn't cut. Like at all. I thought I had a good tone but when sat against a JCM800 it just didn't do the trick. We mucked around with the EQ knobs and they didn't seem to have any effect. I turned the mids all the way down and it barely scooped the tone (this was just to test that the EQ was even working). Does the JCA100 normally have a weak EQ? Is there something wrong with mine?

• Members

So I was recording a bunch of songs with my band, we were finding guitar tones and my JCA didn't cut. Like at all. I thought I had a good tone but when sat against a JCM800 it just didn't do the trick. We mucked around with the EQ knobs and they didn't seem to have any effect. I turned the mids all the way down and it barely scooped the tone (this was just to test that the EQ was even working). Does the JCA100 normally have a weak EQ? Is there something wrong with mine?

speakers and tubes dictate how jcas play ball.

• Members

I've got some tung sols and chineses pre amp tubes, but I don't have any power tubes to swap out. What pre and power tubes would be recommended in this amp? Should I rebias? I'm used to my old peavey that was biased so cold I could put light bulbs into it and it would still work.

Archived