Recommend some GOOD beer

Cold Gin

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

you get Westvleteren in the US ? I am Belgian and I have never been able to have one.

this is their ordering procedure :

The brewery

Westvleteren trappist

The Westvleteren "Trappist" is sold exclusively at the abbey store, and only after having made a reservation by telephone (+32 (0)70/21.00.45).

How does one reserve beer?

See our web page Up-to-date Information for information regarding when reservations will be accepted for which beer and how much beer can be reserved at any one time.

At the time indicated, call us using the beer phone number (+32 (0)70/21.00.45)

Then you can make an appointment (date and time) with the beer phone operator, providing the license plate number of the car which will be used to pick up the order.

Address of our abbey and beer store is: Donkerstraat 12, B -8640 Westvleteren

Busy Signals and Limited Reservations

Please take into account that you may often get a busy signal when you call to make a reservation, due to the fact that our beer lines are overburdened! You're not the only one who is calling at that moment. Due to our small-scale production, the number of telephone calls is much greater than the number of available reservations. That means it's a matter of having a lot of patience as well as a lot of luck.

In order to allow as many customers as possible to make a reservation, there are several limitations built into the reservation process:

Automobiles: reservations are made by license plate number, and the automobile bearing that license plate can pick up an order only once during any calendar month.

Telephones:

- Each specific telephone number can reach the beer phone only once during any calendar month to make a reservation. If that telephone number attempts to call a second time within the same calendar month, the call will be automatically interrupted. There's no sense in calling back if you've already made a reservation within the same calendar month.

- Anonymous telephone numbers are not accepted.

- Land phones and cell phones have an equal chance. All telephone zones are treated equally.

Link automobile - telephone number:

Each specific automobile (license plate number) can only be reservated by max. 2 telephone numbers. These will be noted automatically during the reservation. It takes at least one year before one can change the telephone number for a specific automobile.

There's no sense in trying to contact our beer sales outlet or the brewery - in any way at all - if you don't succeeds in placing a reservation. Any such attempts will receive no response.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and your patience!

Prices

Our beer is sold by the crate, with 24 bottles per crate. From the 1st of July 2011 on, the beer prices (excluding the deposit for the crate and the bottles) are :

Trappist Westvleteren Blond (5,8 vol.% ABV) 30,00 euros

Trappist Westvleteren 8 (dark) (8 vol.% ABV) 34,00 euros

Trappist Westvleteren 12 (dark) (10,2 vol.% ABV) 39,00 euros

Deposit for empty bottles and crate: 12 euros (9.60 euros for the crate plus 0.10 euros per bottle). Empty bottles and crates can be returned only if undamaged. The wooden crates should be kept in a dry place.

Conditions

Westvleteren Trappist is sold only to individual customers. Every customer agrees not to re-sell the beer to any third party.

Opening Hours

Unless otherwise specified (see our page with Up-to-date Information), the empty bottles and crates can be returned to the sales desk any afternoon between 14:00 and 17:00. Our beer shop is closed on Fridays, Sundays and national holidays as well as January 1-14 and the week following the third Sunday of September.

Our beer can also be enjoyed in the welcome center 'In De Vrede', across the street from the abbey. Here you can also visit the Claustrum , an exhibition room with a presentation of life in the abbey as well as information about the brewery and the brewing process.

How to keep and to serve our beer?

With the exception of our Blond beer, Trappist beer will keep for years: give the beer time and it will continue to ripen. The minimum sell-by date is stamped on the capsule. Store the bottles vertically in a dark place between 12

• Members

So much good beer in this world. Sadly most of it is packed with calories. :(

I love Piraat ale. 295 calories in 12 oz serving. :facepalm: BUT 10% abv! :thu:

Currently I've been drinking Amstel light as its tastier than American light "beers" and its low calorie. I also really like that style of beer in the summer. Fall and winter are when I break out the dark heavy stuff and revel in it.

• Members

Shipyard Pumpkinhead ale has been popping up around here lately, and Ive been buying that {censored} up like water. My favorite beer of all time!!

Been a fan of Rogue Dead Guy ale for a long time.

Anything from Stone brewery is awesome.

I typically like to hit up breweries and get their red ales and amber ales...that type is usually my favorite.

Magic Hat HEX is pretty awesome.

I keep Yuengling on hand for company and for a cheap and decent beer to drink the {censored} out of....but thats as close to the bottom Ill go.

Ive had too many to remember. Theres a bar here that serves beer for 4 bucks...ALL of it is GOOD {censored}ing beer, and they have different stuff every week. Basically all microbrews.

Archived