Maxon vs Ibanez

Crunchtime

• Members

Thinking about getting a new OD. Is it worth the extra money for the Maxon OD9 or is it too close to the Ibanez TS-9 to justify the higher price? I use my OD to boost my high gain maps. I currently have an SD-1, BBE Green Screamer, and an AMT Tube MAGNUM. Thinking about the Maxon OD-9.

• Members

The OD9 is based on TS-808, not TS-9.

Maxon.com:

Both the OD808 and OD-9 are based on the legendary TS808 Tubescreamer overdrive circuit, but differ slightly from it and from each other.... the main difference between the OD808 and OD-9 lies in their switching - the OD808 uses FET (electronic) silent switching while the OD-9 uses mechanical True Bypass Switching w/a 4PDT switch.

The OD9 is a great booster, I highly recommend it.

• Members

The OD9 has the JRC4558 op-amp that is the heart of the original 808. There's not a HUGE difference, IMO, but it is noticeable. I'd also recommend getting the OD9 over the OD808 as it's a much more rugged pedal, and works much better if you plan on having someone like Analogman or Keeley mod it in the future.

• Members

The OD9 has the JRC4558 op-amp that is the heart of the original 808. There's not a HUGE difference, IMO, but it is noticeable. I'd also recommend getting the OD9 over the OD808 as it's a much more rugged pedal, and works much better if you plan on having someone like Analogman or Keeley mod it in the future.

i love it when you get all scientificlur and whatnot :love:

Archived