Speaker mix for an Avatar 212 cab?? Ques.

xfactor27

• Members

Morning everyone,

I'm still trying to find that right tone that makes me happy with my Renegade Head....

Was wondering if any of you have tried a mix of Celestion V30 / GT 75? Wanted to know what your thoughts were. I play a mix of blues, Classic rock , and 80's Hair Metal.

I had picked up an Eminence Govenor on the cheap to pair with the Celestion V30 I already had, thinking the two would "mesh" well together and it just 'aint happening.

Plus, my experimentation into pairing up an Eminence Texas Heat / Lynch V12 didn't go well either, sounded muffled and muddy when distorted on channel two..... Too high of a speaker wattage capabillity for this amp, maybe???? ( Both of those are rated 120w / 150w.. although Sensitivity and Res. match up pretty well # wise )

So.... in ending, guess I'm gonna have to break out some $$$ and purchase a good compliment to the V30. Might even go try the new Tweaker Cab 212 with the Elite 50's.

Anyone try that cab yet???? Might match up well with the Renegade...

I did originally hook up to the Egnater cab with the Elite 80's and felt it was a little "flat and steril " sounding. IMO, anyways...

Thanks to all who chime in here. Have a good one.

DJ

• Members

Wow, I guess I should have begun the post title as " Help me pick a speaker mix...." LOL!!! Might have gotten a better response....

Anyways, after writing that out, I started listening to some demos of the WGS brand of speakers and am quite impressed with the mix of the Vet. 30 / ET 65.... and at a cost of just 1 Celestion for that pair,.... might be a good route to go to make a good 8ohm 212 cab...

DJ

• Members

Good to hear, NixerX, thanks for the response,.... If i heard some good responses /experiences of the V30 / GT 75 pairings,... another choice I had was just hopping over to the local GC and ordering a Celestion GT 75.... Todays the last day for a 15% off sale....

DJ

• Members

Good to hear, NixerX, thanks for the response,.... If i heard some good responses /experiences of the V30 / GT 75 pairings,... another choice I had was just hopping over to the local GC and ordering a Celestion GT 75.... Todays the last day for a 15% off sale....

DJ

• Members

NixerX, With your Avatar cab....... Ques : do you have the multi jack input plate on yours? The one that has connections for 4ohm, 8ohm left - right, and 16ohm??

How do you have yours wired?? With an 8ohm load,...speakers being wired parrallel,.. and they're being 2 sepparate inputs ,... Does it matter which one I plug my speaker chord into...

( 8ohm left or right ) ?

DJ

• Members

NixerX, With your Avatar cab....... Ques : do you have the multi jack input plate on yours? The one that has connections for 4ohm, 8ohm left - right, and 16ohm??

How do you have yours wired?? With an 8ohm load,...speakers being wired parrallel,.. and they're being 2 sepparate inputs ,... Does it matter which one I plug my speaker chord into...

( 8ohm left or right ) ?

DJ

2 16ohm speakers wired to 8ohm mono. It dose have two 1/4 inch jacks.

Check out the Warehouse guitar speakers versions of the aforementioned Celestions!

• Members

Hi. I have 2 Avatar Contemporary 2x12 cabs; one came with V30's and the other with 100-watt Celestions they have available. I decided to swap speakers so that each had one of each, and man! Both cabs rock out really well for gigging and are great for recording, as you have 2 different speakers that you can mic up and layer nicely!

• Members

Just a short update here: Chose and ordered a Celestion G12 - T75....should be here in a couple of days and in the cab...

Then it will be waiting to be tried out until the amp comes back from CA and Egnater on a repair issue,.... sheesh!!!!! sometimes can't catch a break...!!!

But, hopefully they will resolve the problem quickly... Will add more to this later....

Thanks, again to all for your experiences and suggestions.

DJ

• Members

Just a short update here: Chose and ordered a Celestion G12 - T75....should be here in a couple of days and in the cab...

Then it will be waiting to be tried out until the amp comes back from CA and Egnater on a repair issue,.... sheesh!!!!! sometimes can't catch a break...!!!

But, hopefully they will resolve the problem quickly... Will add more to this later....

Thanks, again to all for your experiences and suggestions.

DJ

Good luck man!! let us know how it turns out!

Archived