Audio probe gets no signal from input jack?

bdecorsey

• Members

Ok, so I've got a build of the Old Mighty Mouse kit that I've been working on for a while now.

When I plug it in, the LED light works, and so does the bypass, but when the pedal is switched on no sound comes from the amp.

I've been using the audio probe found here: http://www.diystompboxes.com/wiki/index.php?title=Debugging

to try and debug this thing. When I plug my guitar into the box and use the audio probe, I get signal coming form the input jack through the bypass just fine. Its very clear, works great. When I try the same thing with the conductor going to the board, I get nothing. I'm pretty damn sure the solder joint isn't cold, and I just replaced the jack, so its brand new and shouldn't be screwed up.

I think the wiring may be wrong? I've got the tip soldered to #4 on the switch for the bypass, I've got the ring soldered to the AC Jack, and I've got the sleeve soldered both to #2 on the switch (black wire) and the board (green wire).

Here are some pics, sorry they aren't clearer:

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

• Members

Yes, when the pedal is in bypass mode (off) I get signal, and I get signal with the audio probe from the conductor on the input jack that bypasses the PCB.

When the pedal is switched on I get no signal, and I get no signal with the audio probe from the conductor on the input jack that goes to the PCB.

• Members

Test the jack and see if the connectors are getting power like they are supposed too.. Plug in your wall wort and plug it in and test it out!

Sorry, I'm not sure how to do this. The pedal is getting power (the LED turns on when the pedal is activated) but the wires getting power and hooked up to the conductors that aren't loose. Its really just a ground issue, isn't it? if the conductor is loose, could this short the ground?

Archived