Mesa Boogie TA-15 & Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Cabinet Comparison

Steve@Russo

• Members

one thing I will say about these demos is I tend to spend more time on the product I am less familiar with, in this case it was the TA-15 so in the end I ended up MORE familiar with it, even after being at the factory and talking with Randal about MR. Both have their places but I would have to say the TA-15 really did shine as more versatile

• Members

I'm listening to my laptop speakers at work, so I couldn't crank it. Having said that, I noticed very little difference between the two TA channels. The Mini Rec modern channel sounded alright, but not as good as the TA and vintage channel sounded very similar to the TA (like it's the same circuit).

Based on those clips, I would buy the TA. Does it have a loop?

• Members

I'm listening to my laptop speakers at work, so I couldn't crank it. Having said that, I noticed very little difference between the two TA channels. The Mini Rec modern channel sounded alright, but not as good as the TA and vintage channel sounded very similar to the TA (like it's the same circuit).

Based on those clips, I would buy the TA. Does it have a loop?

The TA-15 does not have a loop..but the 30 does

• Members

The two TA channels can sound very different depending on settings. I use the Top Boost setting on Channel A for a Voxy/U2 edge of break-up and Channle B on H2 for a Marshall crunch. I'll probably end up getting the TA-30 for the loop, although I prefer the lower wattage of the 15.

Archived