CNAD->

Lucius

• Members

Crappy new amp day.

Picked up this Marshall AVT150 the other day for a quick low volume plug'nplay amp. Super surprised by the clean/low and mid gain sounds of this thing. Like enough to keep the amp just for these low volume tones. The high gain channel is somewhat usable but I think it would have a hard time cutting in the mix (but I didn't buy it for this application anyway). I found a decent high gain sound with all the EQ knobs maxed and the scooped button engaged.

The effects section is not terrible and on par with other crappy on board effects amps. Overall not a bad purchase for $200 with the footswitch. Cheers, Lucius

1326230039.jpg

• Members

To be honest - I always liked this amp. My buddy gigged this and an American Fender Tele for 4+ years as his only rig, playing mid to large sized venues in the Connecticut/NY/PA/NJ area.

The clean channel rocks, especially since you can toss on a little reverb/chorus with the footswitch in one tap of your foot.

The distortion isn't horrific either - it got the job done. In a live setting, I think it works just fine if you don't wanna beat up your more expensive rigs.

• Members

To be honest - I always liked this amp. My buddy gigged this and an American Fender Tele for 4+ years as his only rig, playing mid to large sized venues in the Connecticut/NY/PA/NJ area.

The clean channel rocks, especially since you can toss on a little reverb/chorus with the footswitch in one tap of your foot.

The distortion isn't horrific either - it got the job done. In a live setting, I think it works just fine if you don't wanna beat up your more expensive rigs.

I like it best with my passive guitars (Fender and Kramer). Can get a great srv tone out of it for some strange reason. Cheers, Lucius

Archived