How can I make my guitar more American?

70sstrat

• Members

Does any on know the hardware differences between the mia and mim '70s reissue strats? The American has one string tree, so it has lower profile tuners? As far as the brige goes I have no clue. Can you guys help me out?

• Members

Does any on know the hardware differences between the mia and mim '70s reissue strats? The American has one string tree, so it has lower profile tuners? As far as the brige goes I have no clue. Can you guys help me out?

Just play Beatles songs exclusively. You cant get more American than that.

Actually take a close look at Fender's website and compare the parts used on their American series guitars vs their regular fender guitars. While they are higher end, they do try to "capture" what is considered the american tradition for their instruments.

I have a Fender Deluxe palyers strat and the vintage noiseless pickups and the vintage tremelo pretty much nail the classic american sound.

• Members

Mexico is America...North America right? You want USA?

Almost no parts are actually MIUSA, Assembled in USA more like it...

• Members

The difference between a made in America and Made in Mexico reissue strat is where the Mexicans that build them live. An MIA strat is built by Mexicans in California, and an MIM strat is built by Mexicans in Baja California.

• Members

Um, The Beatles are from Liverpool and were discovered in Hamburg... I don't get it

Its an american joke that american music originated with the beatles. Everybody in america wanted to be just like them so it influenced a lot of american music.

• Members

I have a Fender Deluxe palyers strat and the vintage noiseless pickups and the vintage tremelo pretty much nail the classic american sound.

:confused:

There is a "classic American sound"?

If there is such a thing, it has a 60-cycle hum in my book.

Archived