Kustom Quad 100 Head w/ Matching Slant 4x12

Ovid9

• Members

Anybody know anything about these? Guy is selling one local for pretty cheap. The cabs apparently come with Celestion Super 65s.

I don't really care all that much about the head, if it sounds ok, I'd keep it and get rid of my Special 2x12, if it sounds like poop, I'd sell it and still end up with a cheap decent sounding 4x12.

So, any word on these cabs? Are Celestion Super 65s good speakers? Should I really stop perusing my local CL for {censored} I don't need?

• Members

Are the Celestions similar to the Rock Driver Juniors?

-Curtis

Not sure, from what little I've read on the Super 65s, they were made to be a lower priced G12-65...but that doesn't mean much to me. There just doesn't seem to be a ton out there on them.

Edit: One thing I'm reading says the cab is multi-ply plywood, not particle board which is something. Hmmm.

• Members

I was endorsed by them a few years back, those 4x12's are great sounding cabs, not the loudest of 4x12's but they sound nice and warm. super 65's are decent speakers, fairly balanced through all the frequencies, i used to pump a tremoverb through mine and it handled the low end fine.

Archived