KC Ampfest - who's interested?

misle

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd need some more planning ahead of time (maybe next month.) My days off are a weird rotation and don't work in a mon-fri/ off Sat Sun kind of way. But hey, if everyone can do it in two weeks and I can't- so be it!

So maybe mid-March or April? The farther out, the better for me. That'll give me time to learn how to play guitar.

• Members

A bar seems like a pretty expensive way to go. Have them open early, we'd drive all their clientele away with loud wankery, and they'd have to have a bartender on hand to keep us from drinking all their bourbon (I'm looking at you sinner66). But it never hurts to ask.

Worst case scenario, I'll probably be buying a house in April, so maybe in May at my place. But hopefully, some place will pan out for us.

If you have any ideas, post'em!

• Members

Who's byron? Custom builder in KC? (Judging by previous posts in this thread) I didn't know we had one of those here!

By the way, we do have a custom builder here in KC, Scarlett Amps. Paul's designs are Marshall inspired, very loud, very mean. He's also one helluva tech. He's done excellent work on both of my Marshalls.

• Members

A bar seems like a pretty expensive way to go. Have them open early, we'd drive all their clientele away with loud wankery, and they'd have to have a bartender on hand to keep us from
drinking all their bourbon (I'm looking at you sinner66)
. But it never hurts to ask.

I resemble that remark. Plus you know the stupid {censored} I've done was done sober.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Found a house. If inspections go well, we can start planning on a weekend in May. The 12/13th or 19/20th should work for me.

KCTigerChief, if you get another Snax, bring it. Otherwise, you can try out my non-master volume JMP. :D

• Members

Found a house. If inspections go well, we can start planning on a weekend in May. The 12/13th or 19/20th should work for me.

KCTigerChief, if you get another Snax, bring it. Otherwise, you can try out my non-master volume JMP.
:D

I'll bring anything I have at the time :) There's a good chance I'll have SOMETHING new by then though, whether it's a new Snax, another mark IV, or a marshall something or other :lol:

• Members

I'll bring anything I have at the time
:)
There's a good chance I'll have SOMETHING new by then though, whether it's a new Snax, another mark IV, or a marshall something or other
:lol:

IMO, it's hard to go wrong with a Mark IV. I've had mine for nearly 14 years.

• Members

KCTigerChief, if you get another Snax, bring it. Otherwise, you can try out my non-master volume JMP.
:D

It may be premature, but congrats on the house! Thanks for offering up your place....I will bring my humble offerings of beer and whiskey. And mapz, of course.

Archived