NAD: Krank Rev Jr Pro (50 watt)

killswitch_19

• Members

After a 2.5 year hiatus from playing I'm finally back playing guitar. I decided to start small with something easy to transport between my place and our practice space and I found a killer deal on a like new Krank Rev Jr 50 watt.

After one jam session, I am thoroughly impressed! Sick metal tones with massive amounts of volume. I'm a 5150 guy through and through but this little guy has a little dryer saturation, similar to the crunch channel on my old Framus Cobra. I played it through a Marshall MF 4x12. I'm going to pick up a maxon OD 808 to see how that changes the tone.

Clean channel is surprisingly awesome! Very clean and sparkly even at high volume, though I did not mess with the boost button.

If you're thinking of an amp that can pull off bedroom as well as a band environment I'd definitely recommend trying one out.

• Members

HNAD!! I had one, and just sold it yesterday. :( I owned one for 3 years and loved every minute of it! :thu:

I boosted mine with a Krankshaft OD and ran an ISP decimator right after the boost, before the amp input.

That little sucker can sound MEAN! :evil: Especially with 6L6GC-MSTR tubes!! Those tubes won't fit in the stock headshell though...I had to build me a new one, but it was worth it!

Archived