Help with Amp value please ?

SonicExplorer

• Members

Hey Guys,

I need to itemize some gear for insurance purposes and after much research there are three amps remaining that I just can't quite figure out what they are likely worth. Was hoping I could get some feedback from forum members...

- 1980's Fender Rivera Super Champ (all stock, including speaker)

- Marshall 1973 50 Watt Head

- Yamaha T100 Head (Soldano Clone)

All mint condition

Any insight would be appreciated....

Thanks,

Sonic

• Members

Is the Marshall a Super Lead? Probably Right in the 900-1300 range depending on how good of shape it's in/mods.

Haven't seen a Yamaha T100 in a while, but I bought one locally a few years ago for $250. I'd say the $250-400 range.

I'm not sure if it is a super lead, it has the 4 inputs (can't check since it's buried in my closet at the moment, literally) It's in incredible condition and no mods, all stock. The little I could find online seemed to indicate it was probably worth more in the $2500 range, but that's why I am asking for some opinions since I couldn't find much out there.

Keep in mind this stuff is as mint as can be expected given the age. Nothing scratched, dented, dinged, modded , etc. These pieces were not gigged either.

Based on what little I could find, I was guessing the Super Champ would be about $800, the Marshall about $2500 and the T100 maybe $500.

• Members

I'm not sure if it is a super lead, it has the 4 inputs (can't check since it's buried in my closet at the moment, literally) It's in incredible condition and no mods, all stock. The little I could find online seemed to indicate it was probably worth more in the $2500 range, but that's why I am asking for some opinions since I couldn't find much out there.

Keep in mind this stuff is as mint as can be expected given the age. Nothing scratched, dented, dinged, modded , etc. These pieces were not gigged either.

Based on what little I could find, I was guessing the Super Champ would be about $800, the Marshall about $2500 and the T100 maybe $500.

lol so why'd you come here asking?

• Members

You insure against large losses, not small ones.

Take a video of ALL of your equipment showing condition and serial numbers. Make sure to verbalize the model and any special features found on that particular example.

I would only itemize the Marshall. You'll be paying monthly for insuring amps which aren't that valuable. And I'd place the replacement value at the highest price you can find it selling for online. Take a screenshot of that page. Keep in case something happens...just because you told them the amp was worth $10,000 and you paid premiums on that value...they would likely try to argue that you overestimated the value and only give you "fair market value" for your loss.

There are companies which specialize in music instrument insurance...you may look into them...but I'd be concerned about the longevity of a smaller insurer rather than a larger one which deals mainly with home owners policies.

• Members

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, the age of these particular pieces is making it difficult to figure out proper value. I can't go by just a couple of transactions, and unfortunately that's all I can find at the moment, and many are wide-ranging or trashed (especially on eBay). That's why I was asking for some opinions.

Archived