Attatching Boss pedals to a pedal board? Advise needed.

Crunchtime

• Members

I'm setting up a small pedal board that will have a few Boss pedals. I'm thinking of using the 3-M Dual-Lock instead of velcro. I don't know how well the DualLock will stick to the rubber bottom of the Boss pedals.

I've heard you can just flip the bottom over, leaving the rubber inside. I tried this but, the board in the pedal is too close to the bottom. This causes the rubber to be forced against the circuit board. I think this might cause a failure. Any other alternatives to stripping the rubber bottom off?

I suppose it would not matter much. My Boss pedals are beat up and don't really have much resale value. I have other pedals in mind I want to replace them with anyway.

• Members

I'm setting up a small pedal board that will have a few Boss pedals. I'm thinking of using the 3-M Dual-Lock instead of velcro. I don't know how well the DualLock will stick to the rubber bottom of the Boss pedals.

I've heard you can just flip the bottom over, leaving the rubber inside. I tried this but, the board in the pedal is too close to the bottom. This causes the rubber to be forced against the circuit board. I think this might cause a failure. Any other alternatives to stripping the rubber bottom off?

I suppose it would not matter much. My Boss pedals are beat up and don't really have much resale value. I have other pedals in mind I want to replace them with anyway.

Try cleaning the rubber soles of the pedals with acetone - it will take all the oil off the surface of the rubber and velcro/adhesive will not come off unless you heat it up.

• Members

From memory, the adhesive on Dual Lock is pretty decent. Well, it has to be, or the stuff would never come apart properly, it'd just peel off every time.

Or if the kind of board you're using allows it, you could drill a hole on each side of the pedal (on the board, that is) and run a cable tie through it. Run it below the knobs and through the board. :idk:

Archived