Mark IV speaker cab for the BROOTZ!?!?

PigWings_v2.0

• Members

I'm running a Mark IVa right now through a Mesa 2x12 3/4 closed back with the 90 watt black shadows.

I love the clean tones that I get out of it. I really like the high gain sounds too but I want to get a 4x12 for PURE BRUTAL METAL!!!

Recto cab with v30s would be an obvious choice. What else is out there? Have you ever experimented with speaker combos like 2 v30s + 2 of something else?

Guitars being played:

Schecter C1 with EMGs

Les Paul Studio with BB Pros

G&L Leagacy

What say you?

• Members

mesa recto cab did not impress me at all with the mark. my avatar trad sounded boxy and thin. My mesa metal grill sounded meaty and full. Best sounding I've found for a Mark IV is the genz benz g flex. go try some cabs out. I would avoid V30's, look for a flat response speaker that maybe accents the bottom end some.

• Members

I love my Mark IV through a recto cab with v30's.

^^^ His Recto cab is awesome. I'm mildly bitter that he doesn't seem up to trading me. :poke: :D

I second the Mark IV ---> G-Flex, by the way. Marks with GEQ can deliver silly amounts of low end, and short of a 4x12, the only things I've tried that can easily handle it all are Mesa Thieles and G-Flexes.

• Members

I never played my Mark V though anything but a Stiletto cab, I always thought there was something missing. Peavey XXX cabs are pretty aggressive sounding, made everything louder. 1960s scoop the tone and add plenty of bottom end, but can get boomy.

Archived