WGS Invaders: Thoughts?

MattACaster

• Members

I've got one of those old big-ass Fender 2x12s from the 60s that I never use. I was thinking about dropping some new speakers in it and had my eye on the Invaders. I got cabs loaded with CL80s, V30s, H30s, and 75. I thought something Greenback-ish might be a good way to go. Plus, the higher wattage of these is a definite plus.

Anyone know how these are?

• Members

I took a chance on one and glad I did . It's ballsy w/ tight bass, sweet tone , not harsh at all and excellent highs , with no icepick . Very musical driver. Excellent IMO and works very well with ma Wreck clone. It did take a day or 2 to break in , we were pounding on it and could hear it get better and better . doo ett !

wgs2.jpg

• Members

This is one of my favorite speakers right now. I have them in an X pattern with v30's. Much smoother top end than v30. Solid bottom end hit. Better mids than most greenbacks. I feel the Invader is middle ground between the greenback and V30. Pretty awesome speaker. :thu:

• Members

This is one of my favorite speakers right now. I have them in an X pattern with v30's. Much smoother top end than v30. Solid bottom end hit. Better mids than most greenbacks. I feel the Invader is middle ground between the greenback and V30. Pretty awesome speaker.
:thu:

That sounds awesome!!

• Members

I took a chance on one and glad I did . It's ballsy w/ tight bass, sweet tone , not harsh at all and excellent highs , with no icepick . Very musical driver. Excellent IMO and works very well with ma Wreck clone. It did take a day or 2 to break in , we were pounding on it and could hear it get better and better . doo ett !

wgs2.jpg

Sweet! Thanks for the input!

Archived