Who has SSD 4.0 and how do you like it?

OverDriven

• Members

Just looking for opinions on SSD 4.0. I know there were lots of complaints about the cymbals in the previous versions. Have the issues been fixed? Anyone prefer this over SD 2.0? I'm looking for some really fat/clear sounds, and I'm most concerned with snare and kick. Thoughts?

• Members

upgraded ex to 4.0. here is a short ssd3 vs ssd4 sample : http://soundcloud.com/extollo/ssd3vsssd4-metalhybrid

processed kit, but you can get some idea of the improvements that have been made.

fyi, the player works, but still is not fully baked (memory usage, couple other things). slate is updating & promises many more grooves from different drummers, reworked iomaps & some new desirable feature that isnt being talked about.

one thing i'll add if you haven't heard is even though the cymbals are better there are people that are still using SD2.0 for that.

• Members

I have the EX SSD4 and definitely like it better than the previous version. I find the cymbals to be better than the previous version and the humanization to be better as well. I got this upgrade for 50 bucks so it was a no brainer, but if I were going to shell out a bunch of dough for either SSD4 Platinum or SD2 and an expansion I'm not sure which way I would go.

• Members

Can you use the slate samples with the SD2.0 software? I actually like the SD2.0 interface, and adding different samples is easy with X-Drum.

there is a pretty easy way to do it in mapping

OD if you mainly are interested in kick snare you might want to consider trigger?

• Members

I've had Slate 4.0 for around a month now. I've used Toon travk products for the last 4 or 5 years. SSD has snares and kicks that sound awesome, they sound like somethimg you'd hear in a track on the radio. The cymbals aren't bad.

S2.0 sounds more like a real kit to me. The cymbals are just much better but I've never been able to get that radio sound from the kick and snare.

Basically, It's nice to have both but could get by with either one.

Archived