dunno how many of you cats use vocal mics- but found a good'n CHEAP

newholland

• Members

but just got hold of three CAD c195s. fitty bux... sounds WAY better to my ears than most ball mics. loverly agile sounding vocal mics that're sensitive as all getout-- SUPER hot output (in fact.. i gotta pad 'em).. but they don't have that massive midbass bump that makes 'em murk up, and they're clear on top. they're basically flat from around 100hz up to 5k where there's little bumps-- but nothing NEARLY as bad as a 58-- and they're easy to eq, and you can back off them a bit and still get clarity. nothing but happitude from the people i've put on them!

• Members

Links or it's Behringer mics into a v-amp.

I currently use a cheap MXL mic for vocals. I have to keep it pretty far away from me and angled a bit to avoid highend spikes, but since I only record vocs about twice a year it works. Maybe I'd record more vocs if it wasn't such a fussy bitch though.

• Members

c195_big.jpg

esta one of theses and not a behringer... :D

and j-- i have a sneaking suspicion it'd be great under a snare-- but it's kinda big for it. it's basically the same deal as an 86/87-- and apparently CADs version. you could make it work, without question.. WAAY tougher feeling than something like a lil pencil mic too.

Archived