Carvin amp owners, question in here for ya' . . .

cacheek

• Members

-The Legacy's clean channel is identical to the x100's clean channel
-The Legacy is by far louder than the x100b amps that are out now

If it were me I'd go with the x100b simply because its not as loud as the Legacy. The Legacy can make a deaf man hear again

• Members

See if you can find a used one...preferably the older tolex covered one. Best clean ever...and it gets mean if you put something like a Keeley modded sparkledrive in front! My old one took 6L6's...i'm not sure whats in the reissue?

• Members

When they reissued it a few years ago. All the previous editions had a spring reverb. I don't have a problem with it though, it sounds good.

spring/digital reverb is not a sticking point for me. As a matter of fact, digital may even be better because I can't hear the difference (not a big reverb guy really) and you don't risk waking the dead if you bump the amp accidentally :lol:

• Members
spring/digital reverb is not a sticking point for me. As a matter of fact, digital may even be better because I can't hear the difference (not a big reverb guy really) and you don't risk waking the dead if you bump the amp accidentally
:lol:

yeah...i only use reverb for solos, or if i need a clean tone.

• Members

For pedals, I think you want the x100b. I can't talk about the Legacy, but I know for a fact that the x100b is a top-rate clean amp that is know to be a great platform to build your sound on.

My first thoughts exactly. Handles my Tonelab SE like a long lost baby. Probably my 1st or 2nd fav amp for this pedal amongst literally dozens.

• Members

spring/digital reverb is not a sticking point for me. As a matter of fact, digital may even be better because I can't hear the difference (not a big reverb guy really) and you don't risk waking the dead if you bump the amp accidentally
:lol:

Yeah, my Cyclone also has a digital reverb and it sounds fine, even though I rarely use it. It's also cool not to hear the springs flapping around every time I am carrying the amp.

Archived