First world problems

-Assy-

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

True story: my brother-in-law had this huge custom-designed home built, including a two-story-high great room with a wall of glass and a baby grand in one corner that looks dwarfed in the room. When we visited he still didn't have much furniture -- they had gotten rid of all their previous furniture because it didn't fit the modern style of their new home, and were still waiting for the new furniture to be delivered from Italy. The nutty thing about their house, especially the great room is that it echoes like crazy; my brother-in-law want to put down some rugs to help with that, but his wife doesn't want to do that, because their blond maple floor would then not darken uniformly as it ages. So he has to wait several years.

:lol:

my parent's house has a 2-story great room that's a good 25+ feet up and yeah has one side of nothing but big ass windows. they had to get these custom designed auto-closing shades designed because the furniture and floor was wearing from the constant sun exposure, so that lady really isn't too far off... ;)

• Members

I need to re-seal the roof on my camper, but I either have to climb up on top of it for a whole day, or pay somebody 600 bucks in labor to do it for me.

I don't like the speaker in my practice amp at home, but I don't want to carry a cab when I go to jam session cause then I'd have to lug it down some stairs.

I want to chat excitedly with other gamers about Skyrim since I bought it a little over a week ago, but everyone else has already played it.

If I eat popcorn at the movie theatre, I invariably have to run to the restroom 2-3 times during the movie.

The computer chair I've got for my computer/xbox desk is uncomfortable, if I play a game for a while my butt hurts.

• Members

My belated Irish dinner of corned beef, potatoes, carrots, and cabbage that has been cooking away in the crock pot is finished...but it's going to have to sit for another 3 hours because I can't leave work.

Durn first world problems. If you lived in Mumbai, you could get a dabbawala to deliver it!

800px-Mumbai_Dabbawala_or_Tiffin_Wallahs

• Members

My 20,000 square foot house got cold last night and I had to burn $1000 bills to keep it warm.
Oh, and I kicked a homeless guy in the nuts and because he asked me for some change last night.

lol n00b

i usually stomp their dog to death and then stab them with a knife from my briefcase

#patrickbateman'ing

• Members

The memory foam pillow that I sleep on that also has a gel center, that I get to use instead of a turd or a rock, isn't thick enough, and unless I put another pillow underneath it, my neck is sore when I wake up. It sucks.

• Members

was running late to work, have to eat hot pockets for breakfast and wendy's for lunch again.

had a horrific nightmare...my rivera's tubes had fallen out and fried the pcb board.

GF won't do ATM

my internet connection was only getting 13megs down and a 60ms ping time

My quad core pc is oc'ed to 3.7, the latest dual core from intel still beats it at benchmarks

My best friends live in apartments half the size I do and pay twice the rent. I still bitch about rent being expensive.

my car charger for my iphone stopped working, now I have no way to navigate with the gps and listen to music on my trip to dallas tomorrow

• Members

was running late to work, have to eat hot pockets for breakfast and wendy's for lunch again.

had a horrific nightmare...my rivera's tubes had fallen out and fried the pcb board.

GF won't do ATM

my internet connection was only getting 13megs down and a 60ms ping time

My quad core pc is oc'ed to 3.7, the latest dual core from intel still beats it at benchmarks

My best friends live in apartments half the size I do and pay twice the rent. I still bitch about rent being expensive.

my car charger for my iphone stopped working, now I have no way to navigate with the gps and listen to music on my trip to dallas tomorrow

on that last one, if you're just looking to cheap out on the charger, go to Big Lots or some kind of cheapo store and get one of those USB hubs you plug into cigarette lighter. Add sync cable (which you already ought to have), and BLAMMO! I've got one to charge my phone and ipod at the same time :D

Archived