Marshall Haze 15

guitarbilly74

• Members

I think there is a huge perception difference between a full on DSP effects unit and just a digital reverb unit. Full on built in multi-fx is too much like a digital modelling amp for tube snobs but I think they would be just fine with a digital reverb as along as they could push a button to remove from the signal chain (rather than just turning it off).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think there is a huge perception difference between a full on DSP effects unit and just a digital reverb unit. Full on built in multi-fx is too much like a digital modelling amp for tube snobs but I think they would be just fine with a digital reverb as along as they could push a button to remove from the signal chain (rather than just turning it off).

You can make it even simpler and have a pot with an integrated switch so it "clicks off" the chain when the reverb is turned to 0.

I should go back into product development :lol:

• Members

You can make it even simpler and have a pot with an integrated switch so it "clicks off" the chain when the reverb is turned to 0.

I should go back into product development
:lol:

Nice. Even better if it could also be clicked off with a footswitch.

• Members

Funny thing is, I almost bought a Haze 15 last month. Guy had one on CL for like $350. I really like the tone and the effects are useful and easy to turn off. But I just plain love the basic tone of my JCA20H and couldn't do it.

Good thing you didn't, because now it's only $399 brand new at AMS and $319 scratch n dent. That's why I am so tempted.

• Members

Yeah, I noticed. Still too much of a JCA fanboi, though.

I am too. I am really hoping Doug can come up with something like we discussed on this thread. I haven't discounted the idea of getting the 22 H and using the G-Major with it, or getting the JCA20 combo and connecting to a 4x12 when I need a fuller tone.

My experience with JCA has been considerably better than my experience with recent Marshall products, no question.

The Haze is a neat package of features, size and tone though.

• Members

Yeah, I am VERY curious about those new Ampegs. Haven't seen one to try out yet, though.

Hey, Doug, while you are here, what is up with the 2x12 50 watt combo with clean and crunch channel? Will that clean channel ever make its way to a 20 watter? I would LOVE a JCA22H with clean and crunch channels.

• Members

Billy - email me. Doug@

Steve - didn't have a plan for it, but it's possible. Sorta like a spin on the 20HV? The 'clean' amp Mikey is working on is 50/25 and not a 'true' 2-channel. I think we are talking about something different than that.

Yeah. The new "cleaner" amps sounds great! There was a time when you talked about multiple flavors of JCA22 with "any two" of the three available channels.

• Members

Billy - email me. Doug@

Steve - didn't have a plan for it, but it's possible. Sorta like a spin on the 20HV? The 'clean' amp Mikey is working on is 50/25 and not a 'true' 2-channel. I think we are talking about something different than that.

Doug@ what? :lol:

just kidding man.. I will email you now lol

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Obviously late for the original poster, but I just got a used Haze 15 and like it a lot. I had to order the speaker cabs (straight and slanted), but played it through a Mesa 112 speaker cab. Sounded very good.

Then the Marshall straight cab arrived and the Haze sounded even better. Can't wait to get both speaker cabs stacked and working.

I believe the combo uses different tubes than the combo (EL34s vs 6L6s in the Haze 15), so they should sound different.

The clean channel has a lot of chime in lower settings, but has very good dynamics when playing louder. Breaks up nicely with some hard strumming or power chords.

Overdrive channel goes from low all the way up to heavy saturation.

Had it to a rehearsal last night and enjoyed it. Gigging with the amp this weekend.

Seems like a very versatile amp.

• Members

Haters are gonna hate...but I'd suggest you try the Blackstar 20. I recently bought a HT5RC (1 x 12 combo). After a tube swap and adding a Vintage 30 I'm extremely satisfied. My other amps are a JVM, a DSL and a Blackface Dual Showman. That's what I'm A/B'ing the Blackstar with and it fits right in there. Of ALL the amps I've EVER owned, this is the only amp I will just plug and play, no pedals, effects, nothing.

Archived