GCB 95 moding

pissdrunx

• Members

so, I`m bored, so I decided to mod my wah today. I don`t have a 3dpdt switch yet, so I`ll be doing only PCB mods. Ok, so I looked at some sites. First the vocal mod, It say that I should replace the 33k with a 68k, but I cant`t find any in my part box. would it be ok to just take the one from the wah that I`ll be replacing with 47k? could you guys give me some guidance thru the proces...I dont know much about electronics, but I`m good with the soldering iron.

• Members

edit: I just found out that if I`m not doing the true bypass mod, I shouldnt change the 68k.

Either way, the mods listed on various websites are suggestions. Experiment with a few values to see what works best for you. For instance, I found some of the boost mods to be a little extreme, so I use a value in between stock and the suggested mod values.

• Members

Yep, just what I`m doing right now. So far I replaced the 33k with 56k, becouse 68k seemed to blunt for me, and I also replaced the 1,5k resistor with 2.2k for mid boost mod-well it does boost the mids and makes the wah smoother, but overall boost in wolume is HUGE, gotta put 1.8 or 2.0k resistor in there and see what happens. Is there anything else I might try now that I have the PCB out and all?

• Members

Yep, just what I`m doing right now. So far I replaced the 33k with 56k, becouse 68k seemed to blunt for me, and I also replaced the 1,5k resistor with 2.2k for mid boost mod-well it does boost the mids and makes the wah smoother, but overall boost in wolume is HUGE, gotta put 1.8 or 2.0k resistor in there and see what happens. Is there anything else I might try now that I have the PCB out and all?

The only thing I would suggest is playing with the Q cap. I forget what I used, but it made the Q narrower. Effectively that makes wah sound more "severe" over a narrower movement of the pedal. Its great for certain things, but overall, I'm still not sure if I like that. I may try making the Q wider so that its a more gradual wah effect over it's sweep range.

• Members

so...so far a did the vocal mod(56k), and I was messing with the midrange mod, I didn`t like any of the values much, so I just instaled a 100k liner pot in this succer and I love it so far. I can dial in just about any amount of boost I want.a the moment the pot is sticking out of the battery department, I`ll drill a hole thru it tomorow-this will be my signature pedal:) Next time I open it up I`ll do the true bypass, and maybe mess with the o1uf cap.

Archived